Ethernet can't work after cloning

I have 2 JETSON AGX XAVIER. On Jetson 1, I have installed some softwares and done some settings. I want to clone those settings to Jetson 2. With the following steps:
Step1: Backup Jetson 1 by “sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G backup.img jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1”
Step2: Copy “backup.img.raw” to bootloader and rename with “system.img”
Step3: Flash Jetson 2 by " sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1"

All these steps successed and Jetson 2 can normally boot. But there comes a strange problem: the OS can’t recognize the ethernet cable. I am quite sure it is not the cable’s problem since I have chaned 3 cables . So, what may be the reason? Thanks.

Are your jetson 1 and jetson 2 based on the same jetpack release version?

What does the flash.sh script contain?

Maybe you can file a new topic for your own issue.

Sorry, I now found the forum search “clone agx” leading to for example this useful answer

So, you mean the original jetpack version must be the same if I want to clone? I am not sure the version number. I have just flashed Jetson 2 using SDK manager with Jetpack 4.4. Which is the same with Jetson 1. I’ll try to clone again later.

The clone only copies the “APP” partition. And the only thing that are inside “APP” partition are kernel and rootfs.

If you understand how kernel and device tree work, you will know that it has chance to create a situation that your kernel does not match to the device tree version.

For example, jetson 1 has jetpack4.5 and jetson 2 has jetpack4.4. Clone out from jetson 1 to jetson 2 means jetson 2 now has a “4.5” kernel but the device tree is still 4.4 version.

Here is another post that shared similar case as yours.

Thank you. It works!
Here is what I have done:

1. Reflash Jetson2 with Jetpack 4.4(the same version with Jetson1) through SDK manager.
  2. Copy “backup.img.raw” to bootloader and rename with “system.img”
  3. Flash Jetson 2 by " sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1"
1 Like