Ethernet problem with Jetson TK1

My Jetson TK1 is running Ubuntu 14.04 flashed with LT4 21.1 (https://developer.nvidia.com/linux-tegra-rel-21) and it’s not able to connect to any ethernet network, it seems not to recognize its network card. With “ifconfig” command does not appear the eth0 info, just “lo” and on its ethernet port only light the orange led. I’d like to know if that’s a software or hardware fail and how can i to solve it. Thank you.

The older releases were much less reliable. Although I suspect it isn’t something specific to R21.2 (which is where the URL actually points…see “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release” to know what is installed), it would probably be more reliable to just start with the most recent release.

In general, to see if the drivers are installed correctly (at least the ones custom to Tegra), look to see if all are “ok” here:

sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release

If the drivers are in place, then it would be unusual to not have anything other than loopback showing from “ifconfig”. There are some flash issues which could cause this, e.g., truncation due to host running out of space, or perhaps even not flashing from a native Linux file system type. Do check if your host, from the directory you flashed at, shows file system type ext4 or something else, and that the available disk space is sufficient (many GB since it creates an entire partition):

du -H -T

Please also share dmesg with us.

@linuxdev LT4 21.1 is installed on the Jetson (checked with “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release”), I followed this repository Install LT4 21.1 on Jetson TK1 · GitHub for the flashing process on two different Jetson TK1 and it works fine in one of them. Should I try with the most recent release (21.7) on the board with the problem?

You should try with R21.7…both R21.6 and R21.7 are far ahead of R21.1 in quality.

Those instructions should work, but I’d modify the actual flash line to use maximum eMMC size:

sudo ./flash.sh <i><u><b>-S 14580MiB</b></u></i> jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1

Then show these from the TK1:

dmesg
ifconfig
df -H -t ext4