event return by EnqueueNDRange broken crash report

The cl_event return by clEnqueueNDRange in 197.45 on windows seems to be broken.

If I try to get the get command queue with clGetEventInfo, the cl_command_queue isn’t valid (the address seems to be shifted by few bytes) and a clRetainCommandQueue on it crash.

It’s the same problem with 257.15 beta …

I got bitten by the same thing.

Event created with clEnqueueTask()

clGetEventInfo returns another address than sent into clEnqueueTask,

myapp crashes there so I don’t know what happens with clRetainCommandQueue.

Drivers: 258.96

Windows 7 64 (with a 32 bits application.)

Geforce 250 and Intel I7

The same code works on linux ubuntu 10.4 (32 bits) (with nvidia drivers supplied by ubuntu)

on the same hardware.

/Dan

I got bitten by the same thing.

Event created with clEnqueueTask()

clGetEventInfo returns another address than sent into clEnqueueTask,

myapp crashes there so I don’t know what happens with clRetainCommandQueue.

Drivers: 258.96

Windows 7 64 (with a 32 bits application.)

Geforce 250 and Intel I7

The same code works on linux ubuntu 10.4 (32 bits) (with nvidia drivers supplied by ubuntu)

on the same hardware.

/Dan

I already know the command queue of any events and do not need to do this, since I force 1 command queue per context & have an array of contexts. I would suggest the following, if you are not already doing:

• clEnqueueNDRange

• clFlush, or some implicit clFlush

• clGetEventInfo

If you look at the last paragraph of the clFlush man page, it implies events associated with command queues need to be flushed before use.

http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/sdk/1.0…ml/clFlush.html

I already know the command queue of any events and do not need to do this, since I force 1 command queue per context & have an array of contexts. I would suggest the following, if you are not already doing:

• clEnqueueNDRange

• clFlush, or some implicit clFlush

• clGetEventInfo

If you look at the last paragraph of the clFlush man page, it implies events associated with command queues need to be flushed before use.

http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/sdk/1.0…ml/clFlush.html