EvidenceMapOverlay doesn't actually exist?

The documentation described this module. But when I try using it in my app I get:

2021-09-03 00:02:09.475 PANIC external/com_nvidia_isaac_engine/engine/alice/backend/modules.cpp@325: Could not load component 'isaac::egm_fusion::EvidenceMapOverlay'

Checking the .so file of that package using

ubuntu@test1:~/host/isaac_sdk/sdk$ nm -gD packages_x86_64/egm_fusion/libevidence_grid_map_module.so  | grep Overlay | wc
      0       0       0

shows that indeed no symbols with that name exist. For sanity, checking another component of that package does yield results:

ubuntu@test1:~/host/isaac_sdk/sdk$ nm -gD packages_x86_64/egm_fusion/libevidence_grid_map_module.so  | grep EvidenceMapInpaint | wc
     15      45    1476

WTF? Why are there components documented and then, after spending an hour implementing something based on it, you find that it was just a joke, the component doesn’t actually exist.

Excuse my french but this is upsetting!

1 Like

Could you confirm which version of Isaac SDK you are using? I suspect 2021.1 but just making sure. The EvidenceMapOverlay should be getting compiled and linked into libevidence_grid_map_module.so shared library, so your experiments appear correct for sure.

Yes, 2021.1. But I’ve also checked 2020.12, which contains libevidence_grid_map_module.so but also doesn’t have EvidenceMapOverlay, and 2020.05 and earlier don’t contain libevidence_grid_map_module yet.