Example app suddenly stops on rtsp streams (EOS)

I’m trying to build an app that monitors people entering a ROI, with rtsp cc-cam streams as input.
The base Python app deepstream-rtsp-in-rtsp-out works fine and is a great base to build my app on top of.
The only problem I’m facing is that the script suddenly stops after random amounts of time with this message:

End-of-stream

I think the problem is with the input stream from live camera, because the problem doesn’t happen (or at least not that often) with a self-hosted rtsp server streaming a video file.
I’d like to at least configure the thing so that it keeps the connection alive and/or tries to reconnect if it doesn’t receive data instead of terminating. The script should ideally be able to run forever with no interruptions and no manual operations needed.

NOTE: Yesterday I started the script and it kept running for 24h+ without any problem. Once I stopped it and tried to start it again (even after a Jetson reboot) it just keeps stopping with the End-of-stream message after a short while, like it always did.

• Hardware Platform: Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version: 6.1.1
• JetPack Version: 5.0.2
• Issue Type: Question

do you means the application will stop because of RTSP connection ending? this application dose not have RTSP reconnection mechanism, you can implement it by referring to deepstream-app code.

Could you please link the code? I couldn’t find it online.

1. please find rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec and rtsp-reconnect-attempts in this link DeepStream Reference Application - deepstream-app — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation
  2. please find rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec and rtsp-reconnect-attempts in deepstream sdk. please refer to watch_source_status in nvidia\deepstream\deepstream\sources\apps\apps-common\src\deepstream_source_bin.c
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.