Excel GPGPU example?

Hi

When downloading Cuda SDK 3.1 it stated “Microsoft Excel GPGPU example showing how to run an Excel function on the GPU”. This is the main reason I downloaded the SDK and installed the CUDA card.

I cannot find this example anywhere (using the example browser - CUDA C Code Samples / OpenCL Code Samples / DirectCompute Code Samples)

Where can I find this please, would be a great help

Many thanks

Core 2 Duo + Nvidia 8400GS (work)
Core i5 760 + Nvidia GTX 580 (home)

Hi

When downloading Cuda SDK 3.1 it stated “Microsoft Excel GPGPU example showing how to run an Excel function on the GPU”. This is the main reason I downloaded the SDK and installed the CUDA card.

I cannot find this example anywhere (using the example browser - CUDA C Code Samples / OpenCL Code Samples / DirectCompute Code Samples)

Where can I find this please, would be a great help

Many thanks

Core 2 Duo + Nvidia 8400GS (work)
Core i5 760 + Nvidia GTX 580 (home)

You should be able to find it if you browse the SDK install folder. Try going to the install folder and check in the \C\src\ExcelCUDA folder.

Incidentally, 3.2 is available too.

You should be able to find it if you browse the SDK install folder. Try going to the install folder and check in the \C\src\ExcelCUDA folder.

Incidentally, 3.2 is available too.

Hmmm…

I have C:\CUDA\src … but that only contains some fortran.h files.

Then there are other folder CUDA\Include which has alot of files, but nothing excel (that I can see - ran a search)

Can’t find anything for Excel. And my folder structure appears to be diff to yours?

Hmmm…

I have C:\CUDA\src … but that only contains some fortran.h files.

Then there are other folder CUDA\Include which has alot of files, but nothing excel (that I can see - ran a search)

Can’t find anything for Excel. And my folder structure appears to be diff to yours?

The CUDA toolkit (compilers, headers, and general documentation) is what is installed under C:\CUDA

The example you’re looking for is part of the CUDA SDK (which is a separate download from the toolkit). On my machine, it’s installed in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 3.2\C\src\ExcelCUDA

The CUDA toolkit (compilers, headers, and general documentation) is what is installed under C:\CUDA

The example you’re looking for is part of the CUDA SDK (which is a separate download from the toolkit). On my machine, it’s installed in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK 3.2\C\src\ExcelCUDA

LOL forgot to mention I was on a network installation. I have located the folder now guys, thanks

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\src\ExcelCUDA

Might take a look at GPU.NET. Coming from a Visual basic background this would be of use. Is there no plugin available that will allow excel to seamlessly run parallel tasks on the GPU e.g. several SUMPRODUCT calculations that are not related?

LOL forgot to mention I was on a network installation. I have located the folder now guys, thanks

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\src\ExcelCUDA

Might take a look at GPU.NET. Coming from a Visual basic background this would be of use. Is there no plugin available that will allow excel to seamlessly run parallel tasks on the GPU e.g. several SUMPRODUCT calculations that are not related?