Exclude links from tf publisher node

Is there any way of excluding some links from being published on the /tf topic using the ROS2 Publish Transform Tree node in omnigraph? In my case I import the wheels from O3dyn as references which means that all 4 wheels have the same link names “Roller_[i]”. As the tf publisher node uses prim names as frame id’s by default the “Roller_[i]” frames jumps between the different wheels.

They are of no use in my case, and for performance I would prefer to not broadcast 28 unnecessary frames.

My temporary solution is to modify the original wheel usd files with other names, but I think it would be easier if it was possible to exclude the links from the tf publisher node.

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks for bringing this to out attention. We are looking into the same link name overwriting issue. But meanwhile, there are a few things you can try:

• when importing, “merge fixed joints”, so that all the parts that are connected via fixed joints will become a single part
  • use the ROS2 Publish Raw Transform Tree to manually publish the 4 wheels. you might still need to change the link names in order for the overwriting to not occur, but at least you won’t get the 28 other frames clouding the output.

Let us know if that helps,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.