Executable expired

Hi,

I have recently installed PGI on a new laptop. I initially ran a trial license which has since expired. I then installed a full license file and the compiler works again. However, all executables I create give me the Expired error message.

Am I missing something obvious? All I did is replace the trial license with a proper license key that I generated on the PGI website.

Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan,

We don’t perform run time license checks on generated executables so just replacing the license wont work. You will need to recompile the code to remove the expiration message.

• Mat

Hi Mat,

Yes, I understand that (I wasn’t clear in my first question). I replaced the license. Now every time I compile the code, it comes up as expired.

For some reason this does not happen on a simple hello world test. But when I compile my bigger projects, it comes up. My first thought was that there was still some old library used but I am pretty sure that I cleaned out all object files etc before compiling with the full license.

Thanks, Jan

Edit: I am on OSX 10.8 and I just installed PGI 12.9 yesterday and it did not get rid of the problem. I guess I can try to wipe the whole installation and reinstall?

Edit 2: I wiped the whole install directory (/opt/pgi) and reinstalled and the problem still exists.

You must have some object/library/exe in your project that didn’t get rebuilt. It’s the only way this would occur.

• Mat

Thanks.
I just copied only source files into a new directory and compiled everything by hand without a make file and the problem still persists. Not sure how this is possible.
Not sure what else I can do to track down the problem.

Jan

I am pretty sure this only occurs for MPI applications. I installed MPICH2 when I was under the trial license. Is it possible that I need to reinstall MPI?

Thanks, Jan

I installed MPICH2 when I was under the trial license. Is it possible that I need to reinstall MPI?

If you built it with the trial licensed compilers, then yes.

• Mat

OK thanks, that was the problem. It makes sense of course, just took me a while to remember.

Jan