could you clarify what’s the current status of the experimental UEFI firmware with Xavier NX developer kit?
I understand that:
- Cboot is replaced by UEFI.
- UEFI has only serial console support as of now.
- Can take latest 5.12 kernel (rc6 right now) and apply the PCIe patches (the one that hasn’t been merged yet) to get PCIe working.
- Fan is working (may require tweaks in the DTB to be in “quiet” mode)
- Boot the system with that kernel along with Ubuntu 20.04 server (or similar)
Now what’s not so clear to me is - there’s a section about using mainline kernel with L4T:
- Is there a GPU driver for the mainline kernel available (with X11 support)?
- Is the sound and HDMI or DisplayPort already supported?
Basically, can get desktop running with mainline kernel or is it moreless for headless systems as of now?