Exporting the 3ds max project file with Corona materials for USD file

when i am trying to export the file from 3ds max with the help of Omniverse. I have used Chaos Corona Material in 3ds max. I have exported my max file to USD without materials Why because when I have unabled Material MDL Context option it’s not exporting 3ds Max not responding anything without unableing MDL file was exporting without materials. Is there any way to export corona materials.

We do not support Corona. We support standard and vray. It would be easy for you to use the Chaos tools to convert corona to vray, before trying to export with our OV connector.

Issue is :: 3ds Max - VRay set materials are not assigning in Omniverse.

→ We are able to open project in Omniverse from 3dsMax-VRay all materials are visible in the Materials folder(Localhost/Projects/Materials)
→ The problem is whole set turns to red ( We have to apply materials manually).

I don’t understand why. Vray scenes in 3dsmax should export PERFECTLY into Omniverse if you use the Omniverse connector toolbar. Are you sure you are checking materials as an export option ? Can you send me the 3dsmax scene all zipped up ? Or record a video of the issue.

Try not using localhost. Just export it directly to a normal windows folder. You do not need to use localhost nucleus unless you plan on using the LIVE system.

Start with a simple scene. A single cube. Add a vray material. Try exporting this one cube and see if materials work.

I can share you my 3ds max files
living scenc.zip (95.9 MB)

And is this a vray scene ? or Corona ? And what version of 3dsmax ?

3ds max 2023 and V-Ray scene

Thanks

Well to be honest we got it converted and open in usd composer just fine. With all the materials. So we are not sure why you are having issues.

What version of our connector are you using ?

Thank you for helping me out Richard

Screenshot 2024-06-18 113530
We are using Autodesk 3ds Max Omniverse Connector 201.1.0
we are using old Version connector why because in new version(Autodesk 3ds Max 202.0.0) we are getting some Errors in exporting (PFA)

Autodesk 3ds Max Omniverse Connector 201.1.0 Exporting setting (PFA)

My system configuration
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Ram: 64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Windows 11 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (Version 536.23)