Exporting UE 4.27 material containing switch parameter

Hello!

I’m using Unreal Engine 4.27 and I have a customized master material that contains a lot of switch parameters. While exporting materials into the omniverse nucleus server as MDL shaders, I noticed that switch parameters are not converted well and would love to hear about any solutions or comments on this topic!

<Test #1: Exporting master material>
I used the “export to omniverse” button to export the master material into a MDL shader to my omniverse nucleus server. I checked the newly-converted MDL shader and noticed that all the switch parameters were missing.

<Test #2: Exporting material instance of the master material>
For the material instance, I used some of the switch parameters and tweaked some of the parameter values. Then, same as the above, I used the “export to omniverse” button to export it into a MDL shader to my omniverse nucleus server. I checked the newly-converted MDL shader and this time, the switch parameters I used and tweaked are nicely shown while all the switch parameters that I didn’t use are missing. FYI, I used the word shown in the preceding sentence because the tweaked parameter values are all applied properly but they’re not in the form of switch parameters and are just parameters.

Is there a way (sth I should check in the export option, maybe?) to export switch parameters to the omniverse nucleus server properly? My studio and I usually create a main master material that encompasses most every possible parameters including lots of switch materials when using UE and would love to convert them into MDL shaders inside the omniverse nucleus server without losing the node structures. I would very much appreciate getting any solutions or comments on this topic!

Thank you in advance :)

Hi @1uniusrose! I am connecting you to a developer for help. We should hear from them shortly!

HI,
Right, we ignored all the boolean parameters and only converted its current boolean value to mdl. There’s no way to export both 2 switch paths for now.

Thanks