"exposure time range(ns)" issue when running Argus_camera

We are using TX2 with Leopard imaging IMX477. When we are running Argus_camera, the max value of “exposure time range(ns)” can only go to “2000000ns” (which is 2ms). It seems 2ms is too small, can we change this max value? Thanks a lot.

Hi z_xiong
The max value limit to 400000000.000 ns
Also it could limit by the sensor cap.

Hi, Shane,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I found the setting “max_exp_time = 2000” in the IMX477 driver(patch) file. What is the unit for max_exp_time? if it is “us”, it matches the max value of “exposure time range(ns)”. Is this the most suspected item?

I tried to change “max_exp_time” to a larger number (like 20000), then recompiled the driver and flashed it to TX2. the argus_camera setting remains 2ms. But it is possible that I didn’t correctly flash the new driver to TX2.

Please check the sensor programing guide in l4t document.

min_gain_val: Specifies the minimum gain limit for the mode.
max_gain_val: Specifies the maximum gain limit for the mode. This can be increased to include digital gain, if that is supported by the sensor.
min_exp_time: Specifies the minimum exposure time limit for the mode in microseconds.
max_exp_time: Specifies the maximum exposure time limit for the mode in microseconds.

Hi, Shane,

Thank you very much for your help.

It seems that the “max_exp_time=2000us” is most suspected. Now I will try how to flash the updated driver (with higher max_exp_time) into TX2 correctly.