External Camera model required for calibration

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
[+] NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[+] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[+] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[+] 1.7.0.8846
other

Host Machine Version
[+] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi Team,

One quick query.

Could you please share me the model of external camera which I can use for camera calibration?

I have found in the documentation that we need following spec for external camera,

• Fixed focal length of roughly 18mm-30mm.
  • At least 12MP resolution.
  • Sensor size to be roughly Canon’s ASP-C or Nikon’s DX size (roughly 23mmx15mm).
  • Referred to as “external camera” throughout the remainder of this tutorial.

May I know which external camera used for sample camera calibration?
It will be a great help if you can suggest which camera we need to procure for this purpose. There is no data available in documentation.

Thank you,
Nithin.

Dear @nithin.m1,
We will check internally and update you

Dear @nithin.m1,
We’re using a Sony A6000 with the SEL-20F28 lens as external camera

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,
Thanks for the reply.
Can we use any normal DSLR cameras which meets the specifications mentioned in documentation? for example Nikon D3500?

Dear @nithin.m1,
AFAIK, Nikon D3500 should work as it meets the criteria.

1 Like

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

Can we use Sony FDR-AX700 4K HDR Camcorder as an external camera for the camera calibration process?

Dear @saurabh.sinalkar,
Could you check the discussion on External Camera for Static Camera Calibration

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

I checked the post suggested by you, and as mentioned in it by you, it is not a hard requirement to confine with the external camera specification mentioned in the document, any good camera is fine, So the camera Sony FDR-AX700 4K HDR Camcorder which we are planning to use is not of the same sensor size mentioned in the document (Canon’s ASP-C or Nikon’s DX size (roughly 23mmx15mm), So can we use this camera for the static camera calibration process as an external camera?

Dear @saurabh.sinalkar,
If you don’t have any other good cameras, you may use as it is not a hard requirement. Make sure you get better clarity pictures and fits the requirements in the post to get better calibration results.