face detection using opencv-gpu module

Hi I am trying to load a Cascade Classifier and although in the CPU version it works nicely, it gives me the following error:

OpenCV Error: Gpu API call (NCV Assertion Failed: NcvStat=25, file=/hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_1/32-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/nvidia/NCVHaarObjectDetection.cu, line=2215 ) in NCVDebugOutputHandler, file /hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_1/32-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/cascadeclassifier.cpp, line 173 terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘cv::Exception’ what(): /hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_1/32-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/cascadeclassifier.cpp:173: error: (-217) NCV Assertion Failed: NcvStat=25, file=/hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_1/32-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/nvidia/NCVHaarObjectDetection.cu, line=2215 in function NCVDebugOutputHandler

I dont really understand what is happening. I am a bit noob in this and have tried the haarcascade file as well as the haarcascade_cuda ones but there is no difference; it still gives me this error.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi,

Thanks for your question.
Just confirmed that cv::cuda::CascadeClassifier works properly with branch 3.2.0.

May I know which function call cause the error?
Is it ‘cv::cuda::CascadeClassifier::create()’?

Here is a relevant topic, could you try if you can successfully execute the sample on tx1?
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/993719

Hi PatriciaNavarroMartin,

Have you found the root cause and resolved this issue?
Or please provide more inputs then we can help to fix the problem.

Thanks

I found that it could only work with the cascade classifiers with the sufix “_cuda”. and it works fine now, thank you guys.