Factory Reset for Jetson AGX Orin

Hello,

I am having trouble with factory reset, could you please tell me how to factory reset? I tried so hard with many websites but I couldn’t find a solution for this.

Hi samedhira626,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for AGX Orin?

What’s the use case of you to do factory reset?
Does your board can not boot up? Or you want to clean up all data?

You could place the board into force recovery mode as follows:

• Press and hold the force recovery button.
  • While holding the force recovery button, press and release the reset button.
  • Wait two seconds and release the force recovery button.

and then, You could use flash script or SDKM from your host PC to re-flash the board.

Hi there,

I am using devkit and want to clean up all data.

When I use the flash script from user guide, it is not cleaning the data.

If I flash the devkit from host PC, will the jetson be cleaned?

When I use the flash script from user guide, it is not cleaning the data.

What does that mean you use flash script from user guide but not using it from host PC…??
This flash tool needs to be run on host PC in the beginning…

Flash Script: I mean this website Getting Started with Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit | NVIDIA Developer
and the following Step 2 - Install JetPack Components.

I mean this because there are some lines of code to flash jetpack to the jetson

Could you answer this question “If I flash the devkit from host PC, will the Jetson AGX Orin be cleaned completely?”

Yes… the flash script will format the emmc on your orin agx and that means your disk will be wiped out.

This is not flash script… This is just a method to install some CUDA/TensorRT stuff to your jeston. They are not related to flashing a OS. Just like you don’t need to install CUDA to make your host PC able to boot the OS…

The flash script is from the sdkmanager.

Thank you for your help and fast reply @WayneWWW

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.