Fail to boot after enable lock/hybrid mode

Hi all, I’m trying to boot the orin board into lock/hybrid mode as it is using ARM A78AE CPUs. According to my previous question Enable Dual-core Lock Step for ARM CPU on Orin chips and the updated adaption manual, what I’m supposed to do is two things.

First, I need to modify the device tree node of c7 cpu idle state. Which I have successfully done it, and the system is able to boot after this. This would result in 4 cpus offline. I attach screenshot from my de-compiled tegra234-p3701-0000-p3737-0000.dtb file and my screen shot of lscpu.

dtb
lscpu

However, the second step which is to modify the tegra234-mb1-bct-misc-common.dtsi make things go wrong. Whenever I change the field of num_clusters_2core_pair_lockstep, it goes wrong. If I change it to 0x1 or 0x2, it will not be able to flash. If I change it to 0x3 as implied by another question, I can flash but not be able to boot. The fan is also not working and the board becomes overheat really soon.

Can anyone help on this? Does anyone successfully boot the board in lock mode? How does it look like in lscpu and htop?

Sorry for the late response, our team will do the investigation and provide suggestions soon. Thanks

Hi,
We don’t support this mode in default release. It may not work properly if it is manually enabled.

yes,

this feature is safety feature and will be officially supported in the JSEP sw release for ORIN

hello yiminggan,

please see-also Topic 219701, for the reference of DT changes to boot in lock/hybrid mode.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.