''Failed to create Hydra Engine for viewport!''

hey,

When I start up Omniverse Machinima I get the message ‘‘failed to create Hydra Engine for viewport’’ at the bottom left of my screen. the viewport is grey and empty.

I downloaded the recommended drivers and reinstalled the program but that did not fix it.

Hi @Trixflip , Thanks for your post and your interest in Omniverse Machinima,

In order to understand the issue better, I may need further information, so that I can check further and get guidance with other internal teams

Please provide the following information

1. Logs
  2. Operating system and hardware specifications

In windows you can get the logs from the below path,
C:\Users\ [YOUR USERNAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Alternatively you can open this folder from omniverse by following the steps below

1. Open Omniverse Launcher, Click on the profile icon (top right) → click Settings

2. Click on OPEN LOGS LOCATION

3. Compress all the files and folder present and share the compressed file here in this post

In windows to get the Operating System information,

Type winver in the search box → run winver → and share the information back in this post

To get the information about the graphics card and its drivers

type cmd in your windows search bar → open Command Prompt → type nvidia-smi and press enter → share the information back in this post

Hey guys thanks for the quick response!

Logs:
My Logs.zip (285.4 KB)

Winver and card info:
Winver and Card info.zip (85.8 KB)

the command did not seem to work in my command promt so I tried getting the info a different way by right clicking on my desktop, NVIDIA control panel and then system information.

Hope it helps!

Hi @Trixflip , Thanks for your quick reply with required details and your interest in Omniverse Machinima, from your logs and card info I get to know that your are using GTX 1050 Ti, Unfortunately at the moment GTX 1050 Ti is not supported, Omniverse Machinima needs atleast an RTX based Card for rendering, that’s the reason for the viewport being grey/blank, Please find the requirements of Machinima screenshot attached

Ah makes sense. seems like its time for an pc upgrade!
thanks so much for the help and quick replies guys.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.