Failed to restart display after loading self-compiled Image and dtb

I’m not sure what you mean?

Do you mean to go to the previous version to find nvidia.ko source code compilation?

Can you try to explore and website and read the content of the website first before asking your next question?

Do you mean this part of the compilation method?

图片

I mean download the source code on the website and there is the source code for that nvidia.ko…

@WayneWWW

In my previous ticket - Error: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout, you suggest to use source_sync.sh instead of downloading source code from tarball .

In this thread, Building kernel 5.10 from nvbuild.sh script - #3 by ShaneCCC

Download sources package and follow document steps to build the kernel, replaced nvgpu.ko , Image and install kernel modules then full flash image, after boot up, the DP display can show up without problem.

but the document link is broken.

Please help to advise how to build nvgpu.ko? I couldn’t find it after make new kernel.

Thanks,

hal

I used two ways of compiling source code, neither of which worked

1. Download the source code package and compile it

2. Use source_sync.sh instead of source code package

Just make it more easier to understand. If you want to just a full compilation without error, then use the code tarball.

The tarball includes source of nvgpu.ko, nvidia.ko and nvidia-modeset.ko. Please remember to update those modules after you build the kernel. Not only pasting the Image to the system and think it is done.

@lr75021 , I only asked you to follow the steps to build code. What method you get the code does not matter and I didn’t mean to ask you to use source sync.

my problem is that the installation process compiles the tarball source code and does not compile the new Nvidia. koh and Nvidia-Modeset. ko

“nvpgu” is the source of Nvidia. ko and Nvidia-Modeset. ko ???

Look at the following directory, how to compile the source code of this “nvgpu” here

Please check the source code tarball… nvidia.ko and nvidia-modeset.ko are in separate file.

I only found these two KO files under rootfs below, but they are the same as those in orin system

Did you really download the tarball source code or not? Why I feel you totally don’t understand what I am saying?

Do you need me to share both English and Chinese comment so that you can understand?

I downloaded the source code in this way!

Are you sure this is not the source you said ????

download " L4T Driver Package (BSP)" and " Sample Root Filesystem 1" from: Jetson Linux 34.1.1 | NVIDIA Developer 1
Follow below steps:
$ tar xf ${L4T_RELEASE_PACKAGE}
$ cd Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/
$ sudo tar xpf ../../${SAMPLE_FS_PACKAGE}
$ cd ..
$ sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

tar -xjvf kernel_src.tbz2 -C Linux_for_Tegra/source/

No, totally not. I asked you to download the tarball file from the webstie. The tarball only has “source code”. No other files.

That was why I shared you the website.

Just in case you still don’t get the point. Download the BSP sources from the website link.

I downloaded the top three, but I didn’t download the bottom two,
You are talking about downloading the following two…?

No… Just that “L4T Driver Package (BSP) Sources”.

@WayneWWW

I download all above 3 files and follow below steps to unzip them:

Step 1
$ tar –jxpf  Jetson_Linux_R34.1.1_aarch64.tbz2 

Step-2. 
$ cd ./Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs 
$ sudo tar -jxpf ../../Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R34.1.1_aarch64.tbz2 

Step-3. 
$ cd .. 
$ sudo ./apply_binaries.sh 

Step-4. 
$ cd .. 
$ tar –jxpf public_sources.tbz2 

Step-5. 
$ cd Linux_for_Tegra/source/public 
$ tar –jxpf kernel_src.tbz2

I can find nvidia.ko and nvidia-modeset.ko under
Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/usr/lib/modules/5.10.65-tegra/extra/opensrc-disp.

I did replace nvidia.ko and nvidia-modeset.ko to /lib/modules/5.10.65-tegra/extra/opensrc-disp
but still get the same error message.

I found several tickets regarding this issue, but no one has clear instruction, please help to have a look and advise.

Thanks,

hal.

My point is please build the nvidia.ko and nvidia-modset.ko by yourself if you keep hitting issue.

And that source is under public_sources.tbz2 . Your step 1,2,3 are not needed when doing this.

The basic concept here is make sure all your kernel modules and kernel are built from the same host machine.

This idea is same in both jetpack4.x and jetpack5.x you are using now.

I want to say that this is the way we’ve been compiling before

I’m not sure if I don’t understand you, or if you don’t understand me

Step-4.
$ cd ..
$tar - JXPF public_sources tbz2

Step-5.
$ cd Linux_for_Tegra/source/public
$tar - JXPF kernel_src tbz2