Failed to run flash.sh

Hello, sorry to disturb you, but now I have a problem: I installed the newly purchased AGX orin 64gb module on the development kit and ran flash.sh. Two errors occurred. One is [0.0092] File rcm_state open failed.
[ 0.0092 ] ERROR: failed to read rcm_state, the other is an error about bpmb_dcb at the end. The specific relevant information is as follows

File"/home/hz/alex/alex/Nvidia_Orin/R35.1/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegraflash_impl_t234.py", line 1370, in tegraflash_update_bpmp_dtb
If bpmp_dtb == None and bpmp_dtb_in_layout == None:
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘bpmp_dtb’ referenced before assignment
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./tegraflash.py”, line 1369, in
tegraflash_run_commands()
File “./tegraflash.py”, line 1210, in tegraflash_run_commands
interpreter.onecmd(command)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/cmd.py”, line 217, in onecmd
Return func(arg)
File “./tegraflash.py”, line 271, in do_flash
self.chip_inst.tegraflash_flash(exports)
File “/home/hz/alex/alex/Nvidia_Orin/R35.1/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegraflash_impl_t234.py”, line 878, in tegraflash_flash
self.tegraflash_parse_partitionlayout()
File “/home/hz/alex/alex/Nvidia_Orin/R35.1/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegraflash_impl_t234.py”, line 458, in tegraflash_parse_partitionlayout
Self.tegraflash_update_bpmp_dtb()
File “/home/hz/alex/alex/Nvidia_Orin/R35.1/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegraflash_impl_t234.py”, line 1436, in tegraflash_update_bpmp_dtb
Raise tegraflash_exception('Unexpected error in updating: ’ + bpmp_dtb + ’ ’ + str(e))
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘bpmp_dtb’ referenced before assignment

However, when I use the orin module provided by the development kit to run flash.sh, the rcm_state open failed error still occurs, but it does not affect the final result of the burning (success can be displayed). I am not sure about the specific content because I I am using the same set of kernels. Is it a newly purchased orin module that requires other configurations? Can you help me clear up my confusion?

Hi,

Please always put the full log here.
Don’t crop it yourself.

It’s like this, I’m using the flash.sh>>log.txt command, but the strange thing is that the error at the end does not appear in the txt file, so I will copy it, if possible. , can you provide another instruction so that I can generate a complete document? The following is the document I generated

Uploading: log1.txt…

Your upload failed and I can see nothing…

That’s because you only redirected stdout to the file, but the error was dumped through stderr.
You should use command *2* >&1 log_file.

Finally, I just noticed you are using AGX Orin 64GB, which is not supported by L4T 35.1.
Please use 35.3.1 or 35.4.1.

1 Like

I am a newbie. I would like to ask for advice on how to update to 35.3.1 or 35.4.1. Can you give some simple tips and provide a download link?

Thank you for your help. The flashing has been successful so far, but can you provide some pointers regarding the rcm_state error?

You didn’t provide the full log so I cannot comment here.
Maybe it’s just because it’s not supported by 35.1 so there’s some error.

Uploading: 1.txt…

Can I see the log1.txt I uploaded?

NO.
Upload still failed.

[Uploa
1.txt (577.9 KB)

I think this time it will work

Then looks like it succeeded, so what’s your point now…

[   0.0156 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x23 0 --ismb2applet
[   0.0161 ] File rcm_state open failed
[   0.0163 ] ERROR: failed to read rcm_state

If you mean this, it doesn’t matter and please just ignore it.

I just wanted to ask about this error, since it doesn’t affect then you can close this topic, thanks for the guidance

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.