fan control [to be off] in suspend mode

Hi,

I am using Jetson k1 board with L4T Release.

How can I control [power off the fan] using PMU_REGEN3 [GPIO 02 of AMS] in suspend mode.

and it should work normal [power on the fan] in resume mode.

Basic intension is to save the power consumption.

Please let me know your views and inputs.

Hi JaiAtEcon,

To reduce power draw, I recommend you do all 4 of these:

1. Follow the various sections in [url]Jetson/Performance - eLinux.org to reduce the CPU speed of the 4 cores to be as low as possible for your application.

2. Follow section [url]Jetson/Performance - eLinux.org to reduce the GPU speed as much as is possible for your application.

3. Also, if you don’t need anything displayed on a screen then make sure nothing is plugged into your HDMI port, and possibly also disable it, see [url]Jetson/Jetson TK1 Power - eLinux.org.

4. And if you won’t be running intense code for long periods, then try tp replaeing the fan with a heatsink, see [url]Jetson/Thermal - eLinux.org.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Question:

During the suspend mode [ echo mem > /sys/power/state], still the fan is on[operating]. I think it is not required.

So, How can I control [power off the fan] using PMU_REGEN3 [GPIO 02 of AMS] in suspend mode.

During the wakeup/Resume, it should be on.

Please let me know the answers.

Hi JaiAtEcon,

As you already knew that fan is controlled by pin PMU_REGEN3, and that pin also controls some other power.
So there’s no simple way to just cut down fan power.

Thanks