Fan does not spin on TX2(Jetpack 4.6 + Auvidea J120)

Hello. Now I am trying to use Jetson TX2 with Auvidea J120 with Jetpack 4.6 version. Recently, I checked that new firmware of auvidea J120 was released and it can be executed on Jetpack 4.6. I installed all packages to run my algorithm, but i realized that fan never spin despite to using all command to turn the fan.

System : Jetson TX2
Carrier board : Auvidea J120
Jetpack version : 4.6

I tried these commands to turn the fan.

sudo sh -c ‘echo 255 > sys/devices/pwm-fan/target_pwm’
but return is
sh: 1: cannot create /sys/devices/pwm-fan/target_pwm: Permission denied

I think that there are no file target_pwm

sudo jetson_clocks
but return is
Can’t access Fan!

I try to use jtop, but there are no buttons related with fan control. Just see fan disabled.

sudo nvpmodel -d cool
but return is
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/bus/platform/devices/pwm-fan/fan_abailable_profiles: 2
NVPM ERROR: Fan mode ‘cool’ is not the supported fan profile mode!

I failed to all above method.

I checked about what component is problem. When i did not change firmware of original jetpack 4.6 and just executed on the original carrier board, then fan was turned on and everything was ok. So i conclude that if i change firmware for J120 with jetpack 4.6, then fan do not working. Anyone experienced like my problem? Or is there any other solutions to turn the fan?

It’s better to contact with Auvidea support to get issue fixed. We can’t help here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.