Fan speed stuck too high even after OS reinstall

I was mining for a little over 24hrs as an experiment and of course it would be loud, but that was yesterday and its temperature right now is 50c and is still too loud. Even after an OS reinstall (because I messed up other things), it is still the same way.

Before the reinstall, I tried to enable the fan speed control with nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits 28 and I got a login loop bug, so I had to uninstall the nvidia driver.

I have also tried nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1 -a [fan-0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=100 and I cannot remember the error, but fan-0 couldn’t be found I believe.

Terminal:
nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1 -a [fan-0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=20

Attribute ‘GPUFanControlState’ (omy-ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A17-FA706QE-TUF706QE:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 1.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification ‘fan-0’ (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment ‘[fan-0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=20’.

Any suggestions please?

You’re on a notebook. The nvidia gpu doesn’t have any fans, notebooks only have system fans.

Thank you. I found the solution. performance - How to control fans on an asus laptop - Ask Ubuntu
The nvidia driver should be able to regulate this. It is very simple to add to a program and asus is a major brand.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.