fedora8 CUDA SDK SDK make fails on fedora9

I had an administrator build a system for me with the latest fedora9 OS. Then I realized that the SDK and Toolkit do not support fedora9. I am getting the following error when I try to make…

make
make[1]: Entering directory /root/.local/share/Trash/files/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK.2/common' In file included from src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:34: ./../common/inc/cmd_arg_reader.h: In member function ‘const T* CmdArgReader::getArgHelper(const std::string&)’: ./../common/inc/cmd_arg_reader.h:416: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid ./../common/inc/cmd_arg_reader.h:432: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp: In destructor ‘CmdArgReader::~CmdArgReader()’: src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:101: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:106: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:111: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:116: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:121: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid make[1]: *** [obj/release/cmd_arg_reader.cpp_o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /root/.local/share/Trash/files/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK.2/common’
make: *** [lib/libcutil.so] Error 2

Do you think this is related to fedora9 ? If not, what else could I be doing wrong ?

Thanks

I’d guess that this is due to the (unsupported) version of gcc that ships with Fedora9.

I reverted to fedora 8 and all is well ! thanks !

On Fedora Core 9 (FC9) with gcc 4.3.0, cuda works fine.

refer to:
[url=“http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t70216.html”]The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA