Few Bug to report and talking

(Link to our documentation: https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/)

Bugs

I need some general information about your system environment for each of your bugs

• Operating System
  • GPU
  • GPU Driver
  • Application & Version

Maya 2020 Questions & Bugs

(Link to our Documentation: Maya Connectors — Omniverse Connect documentation)

• “Some of the mesh from USD file will be convert as a empty maya group.”

• Can you explain the steps you use when converting a mesh from USD?
    • Can you please zip and send me a link to your log files when this happens? C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs
    • Also send me any console errors that appear
  • “If you made some model and import a lookdev USD file, the Lookdev USD file will not be a refrence file. it will increase usd file size. and not easy to manage and change.”

• Notified Developer to help answer this question

Create Questions & Bugs

(Link to our documentation: Create Overview — Omniverse Create documentation)

• “when adjust scene unit nothing happen, this is a problem between Maya with Houdini scene”

• Can you explain the steps you use to adjust the scene?
    • Can you please zip and send me a link to your log files when this happens? C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs
  • “import refrence usd from top manu sometime empty, but on brower, you can drag in to stage.”

• Can you send me a screenshot or video of this happening?
  • “Exposure not currect, I must manully adjust those value.”

• Can you explain the process you use or send me a screenshot for an example?
  • “When livesync On, if switch HDR texture from skies broswer, Maya will crash,same as asset.”

• Can you explain the steps you used to create this crash?

Houdini Questions & Bugs

(Link to our documentation: Houdini — Omniverse Connect documentation)

• “scene size will be cm not m.”
    • Are your scenes importing from Houdini with the wrong measurement reference?

MDL Questions & Bugs

(Link to our documentation: Omniverse MDL Materials — Omniverse Materials and Rendering documentation & NVIDIA Material Definition Language)

• “theres not ocio, for safty work, you guys should telling every user when making texture, the color space should use srgb, cause If some texture are linaer, when Usd fill the texture on mdl shader, and use create for render. the color space change from linaer to srgb and convert to aces for viewport”

• Need better documentation on MDLs

• I will notify our documentation team about this request
  • “how to build cunton shader”

Questions

• “How to render muilt usd file”

• How to “genarate thumbnails”

• Thumbnail Generation is off by default. You can enable it here: Preferences > Thumbnail Generation > Save USD Thumbnail on Save.
  • “for our studio, every asset before package as usd, we always refrence our Lookdev file to Render a mp4 to upload ftrack manage.”

• Did you have a question here? I want to make sure that we answer all of your questions!
  • “when we can use VDB sequence?”

• For the moment, VDB support is limited to the Flow NanoVDB emitter. This support primarily allows VDB to influence the Flow simulation, but can also be used in a limited capacity for visualizing the volume.
    • Broader and more generic support is in progress
    • You can view our Public Roadmap here: Trello
  • “I am cerrently use Substance Designer for making MDL shader, but now, when i move on Create and modify MDL Shader, I am so comfuse about those name, wtf for those overlay name, even I try to find a float type node i need drag every overlay node to find whick one is float1 or float3.”

• I have notified the developer to help answer this question