Find out about the methods of an object

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GTX 1050
• DeepStream Version6.2
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version8.5.2.2
**• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)**525.85.12
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**Find out more about the methods in deepsteam

Hello, I am busy with a rather complicated video processing project and am using deepstream sdk for it. There are some complicated things that I want to do, but some of the documentation online is not sufficient to explain what some of the methods does. For example:

from gi.repository import Gst,
streammux = Gst.ElementFactory.make(“nvstreammux”, “Stream-muxer”)
print(dir(streammux))

The output of this is is a long list of methods that can be used on the streammux object. Is there a way for me to find out more about these methods because it is difficult to use these methods without documentation.

Thank you in advance!

please refer to the doc and sample \opt\nvidia\deepstream\deepstream\sources\apps\sample_apps\deepstream-test1\deepstream_test1_app.c.

But that documentation does not describe all of the methods in the streammux object?

nvstreammux is s a Gstreamer plugin, deepstream-test1 is sample to use nvstreammux, you only need to set its property.

Is there not a way for me to find out more about the underlying methods? There are some methods in there that I think might be useful to optimize my program, but I can not figure out how to use them-plus there are tens of methods per object( for example, the pipeline object also have a bunch of methods that I think might me useful, but I need to find out how to use them). Is there no documentation that I can use to get a deeper understanding of the methods of these objects?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

as the design picture shown, python applications uses gst-python to develop C gstreamer plugin. nvstreammux 's parent class is GstElement, which is opensource. you can find all methods in this link.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.