Flash kernel-dtb not work

You can add some string that is not harmful to the dts.

For example, add something to host1x and see if it appears in the /proc/device-tree

It work now!!! but I am not sure why…
What I did is that I recreate $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra folder in host PC.
The string add to host1x appears in the /proc/device-tree now.

If I find the reason, I will update here.
Thanks for your help.

Hi WayneWWW,
Attached are successful and failed flash results.
Both are flash kernel-dtb only.
Can you tell the reason why the dtb didn’t work?
I have many PC environment for flash.
If it could solve without recreating $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra folder. it will be great.

flash_success.log (71.5 KB)
flash_fail.log (72.6 KB)

The log looks same in both files. Are you still suffering same issue with the new Linux_for_Tegra folder?

No, new Linux_for_Tegra is OK.
I just want to check if there has chance that I don’t need to change all host PC.
Since logs look same, I will replace the old Linux_for_Tegra.

There has something I am curious in logs.
What do the below lines mean?

Hi,

I don’t know that OS in kernel cmdline either. Actually, that does not happen to my rel-32.5.1 TX2. What is the software version you are using?

As for the device tree, it is just start address and the finish address. It means the dtb size is different now and then.

I think I find out the reason why kernel-dtb flashed not work…

The reason is that command “sudo ./flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1” copy “tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb” from wrong path.

Due to I was going to change the configuration of kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb.
I copied tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb to Linux_for_Tegra folder as a backup version.
For an unknown reason, flash command checked the exist file in kernel/dtb, but copied dtb from Linux_for_Tegra.

I don’t think we should say something like “unknown reason”. This may be a bug.

But I notice you are using old jetpack release. What is the situation on latest jetpack4.5.1?

The tbcdtb is for bootloader dtb but not for kernel dtb. These two are different.

Our product is currently fixed to jetpack 4.2.
Therefore, latest jetpack or other version is not suitable.

So maybe we can say it is bootloader dtb bug.
When my backup dtb exist.
dtbfile still copied from kernel/dtb.
But tbcdtbfile doesn’t.

When I delete my backup dtb in Linux_for_Tegra.
tbcdtbfile will copy from kernel/dtb

tbcdtb and kernel dtb are in two different partitions. The one under /proc/device-tree is from the kernel partition.

tbcdtb only affects those behavior in cboot. For example, disable the display in tbcdtb and you will not see NV logo in cboot anymore. But you may still see monitor after you enter kernel.

Got it.
I can only sure the /proc/device-tree load my backup dtb when it exist in Linux_for_Tegra.