Flash script stuck for long time

Yes, I do. I also found out that when I commented that line, the flash process would fail and return an error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting [fc00:1:1:0::1]:/home/v2x/test/jp51/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs.

Hi,

We use the micro usb port on the board to establish a usb network between your host and jetson.

If this interface does not happen, then initrd flash may fail.

Hi.

I did some further experiments, and found out flash process would stuck at this function:

nfs_check()
{
        showmount -e | grep -q "${2}" \
        && showmount -e | grep -q "${1}/tools/kernel_flash"
}

This function is in tools/kernel_flash/l4t_network_flash.func.

I’m running to “Step 3: Start the flashing process” stop the flash.

Waiting for target to boot-up…
Timeout
Cleaning up…

I had using lsusb to check ID 0955:7323 NVidia Corp., why Jetson Nano Orin boot-up fail?
flash_1-7_0_20230326-140321.log (7.1 KB)

Orin Nano is not supported in the BSP yet.

Hmmm,

Okay, before I actually try this. Is the Orin NX 16GB together with a Seeed Studio J4012 carrier board supported by the BSP ?

Because I’d quite like to reinstall to choose a smaller partition size but don’t dare to try it if it’s not confirmed that it’s supported.

Kim

Hi,

Actually I cannot directly give a yes or no answer to you. But the answers are as below

1. Please be aware that cory11 is asking about “Jetson Orin Nano”. Actually he asked this in wrong forum. Orin NX and Orin Nano are two different platforms.

2. Orin NX + Xavier NX devkit carrier board is supported with jp5.1 already.

3. Orin NX +Seeed Studio J4012 carrier board is not something I can answer. For any custom board, our BSP from jetpack won’t 100% support them. If the board vendor has any customization, then default BSP is not able to support it. The most precise way is to contact the board vendor to share their customized BSP. Or confirm if their board could run with our default BSP.

@KimHendrikse flashing BSP to the Orin NX 16GB with the Seeed Studio j4012 does not work and has the same problem with the timeout. I have described the issue here (Timeout while flashing Orin Nx)

Apparently this is solved now.

It appears that the main problem was that flashing with the SDKmanager on Ubuntu 22.04 wasn’t supported. This is not so nice, I’ve just updated my main dev machine to 22.04.

I would have expected the SDKmanager to complain that it’s not supported on 22.04 if it is not.

What’s the story here? Is it really not supported and can this be fixed in relatively short order ?

Kim Hendrikse

SDKM itself supports 22.04. The content being built and flashed though uses 20.04 (or 18.04). At some point when Jetsons can be flashed with 22.04 content (Orin can only flash 20.04 at the moment), then a 22.04 host PC should work.

Ah okay. I didn’t realise that. Thanks for the explanation.

Kim Hendrikse

It turns out flashing from Ubuntu 22.04 does work. It was actually the firewall being enable that was causing the issue with NFS. After disabling the firewall I was able to successfully flash the Orin NX from an Ubuntu 22.04 machine.

Sometimes SDKM can be tricked into using a different release of Ubuntu. If flashing from command line, then there are a lot of different flavors of Linux which can be used for flash (e.g., Fedora or other distributions, Ubuntu 22.04, so on). It is the GUI front end (SDK Manager/JetPack) which does the version checking. This simply runs on top of the actual flash software (known as the “driver package”, which SDKM downloads and installs for you), so if you use only the command line driver package, there is a lot more flexibility. There are things though that the driver package may not make available or might make available only through more manual efforts. Plus the other distributions and releases are not certified to do everything correctly, e.g., perhaps the default features of formatting in ext4 might cause issues (or they might not cause issues).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.