./flash.sh? Where should it be?

I’m trying to get my tx2 board’s initial flash image installed, to no avail. I’m using the latest SdkManager off the web.

I went through the terminal filtered for errors, and it looks link my flash.sh is AWOL. I can’t find flash.sh on the host machine anywhere. I don’t think of myself as some linux power user, but I am familiar enough to ‘ls / -R | grep flash.sh’. That didn’t turn up anything save a number of permission denied messages in the error output. I ran it again with sudo, and while I got fewer permission errors, I still got a few.

So what gives? Is it just missing and I need a new one from somewhere? If that’s gone, what else should be there but isn’t?

On your host PC JetPack/SDK Manager will act as a front end to the flash software. The normal location for flash content would be at:
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/...version.../Linux_for_Tegra/

“Version” will name P3310 for a TX2. This will also be named after the release version. An example for JetPack4.2 with a TX2:
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3310/Linux_for_Tegra/

flash.sh will be available in the “Linux_for_Tegra/” subdirectory.

BTW, I have noticed that with newer SDKManager and/or JetPack releases, a directory with the name of the product is created; e.g. ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.3_Linux_JETSON_TX2/

And as @linuxdev mentioned, the “flash.sh” script will be available in “Linux_for_Tegra/” subdir.

1 Like