flash-xavier-wait-for-quot-system-configuration-wizard-quot-too-much-time

1 xavier already runing correctly,but maybe something wrong with my opencv
2 so i reflash my xavier,after flash the os waiting for the OS Login screen,it has been a few days like this

(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OED installation (2d 22h 38min 13s /no limit)

otherwise,how can i upload the picture to the topic?

Hi 18361273529,

Are you using sdkmanager to flash Xavier?
Please try reboot your device and connect HDMI monitor to check the first time init setup process completed.

• You can use “Add attachment” to upload your picture. Thanks!

yes,i am using sdkmanager to flash xavier,after the sdk ui show me to add the username and password of the xavier,the xavier which conected to a hdmi monitor,but the xavier has been a long time on the System configuration wizard about three days and it seemd two days more.

on the hdmi monitor,it showed ‘(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OED installation (2d 22h 38min 13s /no limit)’

sorry,i cant add the picture also,i am a fresh man.

If you have a monitor and keyboard on the Jetson, then first boot is to set up login. The SDKM needs that to complete before it can continue (you’d tell it what account name/pass you added). If you’ve already added this first boot setup from the Jetson and the SDKM does not accept the name/pass, then this is a different error. If SDKM does not know the name/pass, then it will wait forever.

listen,its not my first time to flash the xavier。now the problem is,the process at the host is sucessfully,next step is to set up the password and name in the xavier which connected to the moniter,but i cant wait the xavier login screen up,in the monitor,it showed“(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OEM installation(debconf ui)(2d 22
h 38min/ no limit)

Hi 18361273529,

At “(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OEM installation(debconf ui)”, if you press reset button by HW, after reboot still stuck in the same place?

Hi,carolyuu!
ijust do as you commend,first i press the resert button,and nothing to be changed,the “(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OEM installation(debconf ui)” appeared too.then i long press the power button of the xavier and the light brighten,but the “(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OEM installation(debconf ui)” appeared too.
help me!

Hi,I have the same problem,I download kernel soure with “./source_sync.sh”,and build the kernel base on “NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide”,then I flash the image to my TX2 with a series of command as follows:
“sudo ./flash.sh -r -d kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb -K kernel/Image jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1”
“sudo ./flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-tx2 mmcblk1p1”

Hi 18361273529,

Are you finished system configuration steps? (setting username, password, timezone…)
We wan’t to know the issue is appear before this or after. Thanks!

Hi feisonzhang,

What’s problem are you flash with -k “kernel” and “kernel-dtb” commands?
Please share more detail logs. Thanks!

the question is i am always sluggished in the system configuration step,i can’t setting username and password,just like the pictures i uploaded last time,would you check out the pictures i uploaded.

Hi 18361273529,

When seeing “Please complete system configuration setup on /dev/ttyGS0 to preceed…”, please launch serial terminal application in /dev/ttyACMx (x can be 0, 1, 2 , etc) in the host machine, then complete the system configuration headless mode in the serial console.

I just do as you commended,in the host terminal,“./dev/ttyACM0”,that is the command i launched,but there is nothing to be changed!

Hi 18361273529,

Can you doing the system configuration setting via /dev/ttyACMx?
Please make sure the port is correct! If issue still exist, please attached logs. Thanks!

i just don’t know how to do the system configuration setting by /dev/ttyACMx?
1:sudo ./dev/ttyACM0
2:sudo gedit /dev/ttyACM0

can you make it more detailed?

You may want to install gtkterm on the host PC (“sudo apt-get install gtkterm”). Then this should work if it shows up on host side as ttyACM0:

gtkterm -b 8 -t 1 -s 115200 -p /dev/ttyACM0

Other people use minicom.

it’s working,thank you!appreciate!

sorry,the problem comes again.
when i falsh my xavier,in the host,the os flash finished,but the screem connect the xavier can’t show the os setting.
the “(1 of 2)A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OEM installation(debconf ui)(2d 22
h 38min/ no limit)” comes again.

and i use “gtkterm -b 8 -t 1 -s 115200 -p /dev/ttyACM0”,there is nothing in the “GtkTerm -/dev/ttyACMO”

Flash completed, and then it wants that first boot setup of an account name/pass. Does the same thing happen if you then reboot the Jetson (you can leave the SDK Manager app running and perhaps cycle power to the Jetson once)? On this most recent flash, is there a monitor/keyboard attached to the Jetson?

the xavier always connected to a monitor/keyboard,i am sure,always!
the same thing happen when i reboot the jeston(when i leave the SDK Mannager app running and cycle power to the jeston once),even i wait for 2 days,it’s crazy and it wast too much time!
help!!!!!