Flashing ATF from Driver Package (BSP) Sources

Hi guys,

Regarding the Jetson Orin Nano platform, after downloading the latest version of Jetson Linux 36.2 (https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetson-linux-r362) and the Driver Package (BSP) Sources to get the ATF source, I ran the following commands to build, create and flash the ATF image:

Build ATF (without any changes :

cd nvidia_atf_src/arm-trusted-firmware
make ARCH=aarch64 CROSS_COMPILE=gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-aarch64-none-elf/bin/aarch64-none-elf- PLAT=tegra TARGET_SOC=t234 bl31

Create the Trusted OS image for the flash tool:

cd Linux_for_Tegra/nv_tegra/tos-scripts
gen_tos_part_img.py --monitor nvidia_atf_src/arm-trusted-firmware/build/tegra/t234/release/bl31.bin ./tos.img

Flash ATF:

cd Linux_for_Tegra
sudo ./flash.sh -k A_secure-os --image Linux_for_Tegra/nv_tegra/tos-scripts/tos.img  jetson-orin-nano-devkit mmcblk0p1

However, when the board turns on and boots I get the following error:

However, if I only flash the partition table config file (sudo ./flash.sh -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml jetson-orin-nano-devkit mmcblk0p1) without building a new one tos.img (and use the default one) I can enter the UEFI shell:

Update: In the file atf_and_optee_README.txt under atf_src.tbz2it is mentioned:

This package contains the necessary files and instructions to build a
trusted OS image based on ATF and OP-TEE for these Jetson devices:
- Jetson AGX Orin series

However, I’m using Jetson Orin Nano. Could this be the problem? Or is the Jetson Orin Nano platform also supported? If this is the problem, how can I download the sources to build the ATF for the Jetson Orin Nano?

hello therealdev,

did you update the binary file correctly?
A_secure-os partition it’s actually using this binary file, tos-optee_t234.img

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.