Flashing Jetpack to Jetson Nano

Hello all,

I have developed a custom carrier board for the Jetson Nano (currently only have the dev-kit module) which has been working for the most part except for some interfaces. The gigabit ethernet interface currently only supports 100Mb/s and the CSI camera is not detected (does not enumerate /dev/video0). For the latter, based on information I have found when I look for the error messages when trying to open the interface I have read that a custom image of the Jetpack software might be necessary. Could this be the case or have I misinterpreted the info?

Even if this would not resolve the issue, I figure that a custom image would help reduce the number of error messages and warning regarding the missing interfaces. When reading the “JETSON NANO PLATFORM ADAPTATION AND BRING-UP GUIDE”, I noticed that access to the USB0 interface is required in combination with tying the “FORCE_RECOVERY” pin to ground. Since these traces are not accessible on my custom carrier, could I just flash the software using the developer kit and afterwards use the flashed module in my custom carrier?

I can’t help on any specifics of a custom carrier board, but yes, you can flash from any carrier board even if the content flashed is for a different carrier board, and then move it back to the carrier board which the content was meant for.

Any time traces are wired or used differently you will need to change the device tree. Look up the PINMUX spreadsheet (which has macros related to this) and make sure it all matches your carrier board wire routing.

1 Like

Hi,

It sounds there are 2 questions.

1. Some peripherals are not working fine. I would like to know if this issue is on your custom carrier board or devkit also?
  2. No flash port on your board. It is fine to flash the module on devkit and put it to custom carrier board. However, when it comes to custom carrier board, the DTB may be different so you may not able to directly use the dtb from devkit.

The camera module seems to be working just fine when I use the Jetson Nano module with the dev-kit carrier board. As mentioned in my original post, the camera module does not show up under /dev when connected on my custom carrier board.

To kind of respond to both replies:

The board I made is similar to the dev-kit carrier in a lot of ways, it has ditched a number of interfaces of multiplexers since I don’t need them for my application. I figure that when building a new dtb for my carrier, it won’t be available either when flashing the Jetpack software.

To illustrate with an example: my carrier does not feature any video output options, so the custom dtb would not feature the HDMI or DP video output in it’s pinmux. I figure that means that I can’t use these video outputs when flashing the Jetpack software using the dev-kit carrier?
But the UART2 and USB1 interfaces, which have been used in both my custom carrier and the dev-kit carrier, could be used?

The camera module seems to be working just fine when I use the Jetson Nano module with the dev-kit carrier board. As mentioned in my original post, the camera module does not show up under /dev when connected on my custom carrier board.

Then it is just another bring up issue over custom carrier board. dmesg and dtb files are needed.

To illustrate with an example: my carrier does not feature any video output options, so the custom dtb would not feature the HDMI or DP video output in it’s pinmux. I figure that means that I can’t use these video outputs when flashing the Jetpack software using the dev-kit carrier?
But the UART2 and USB1 interfaces, which have been used in both my custom carrier and the dev-kit carrier, could be used?

Do you mean not able to configure the user account? Is that what you are concerning?

Hi Mijnendatum,

Is this still an issue to support?
Please help to update the status.

Thanks

My apologies for the late reply but the issue was only recently resolved.
It appeared that I had been working with the A02 module instead of the B01 module. Which is why the interfaces did not work properly. I now only started looking into the customization of the device tree/pinmux since the carrier’s interfaces are now operational.