I have a Jetson AGX Xavier, on which i’ve recently installed The ‘Thud’ release of the Yocto OS (using meta-tegra).
However, today, when trying to flash yet another time (after building a modified image based on the thud release), I got the following error when running the CLI deployment utility (which eventually calls tegrarcm_v2):
Error: Return value 1 Command tegrarcm_v2 --download blob blob.bin
I then tried to just reflash the device with L4T using NVidia SDK Manager (choosing ‘JetPack 4.4 DP’), and got the same error in the GUI:
2020-07-08 17:38:50.821 - info: [ 7.6641 ] Sending bootloader and pre-requisite binaries 2020-07-08 17:38:50.821 - info: [ 7.6652 ] tegrarcm_v2 --download blob blob.bin 2020-07-08 17:38:50.857 - info: [ 7.6662 ] Applet version 01.00.0000 2020-07-08 17:38:50.857 - info: [ 8.0759 ] Sending blob 2020-07-08 17:38:51.323 - info: [ 8.5294 ] 2020-07-08 17:38:51.323 - info: Error: Return value 1 2020-07-08 17:38:51.323 - info: Command tegrarcm_v2 --download blob blob.bin 2020-07-08 17:38:51.338 - info: Failed flashing t186ref. 2020-07-08 17:38:51.344 - error: [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.sh; [error]: exit status 1 2020-07-08 17:38:51.345 - info: [ Component Install Finished with Error ] 2020-07-08 17:38:51.345 - info: [ 9.09 GB used. Disk Avail: 51.92 GB ] 2020-07-08 17:38:51.345 - info: [ NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP Install took 1m53s ] 2020-07-08 17:38:51.345 - error: [error]: Run commands failed at step Install: command /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.sh finished with error 2020-07-08 17:38:51.345 - info: 2020-07-08 17:38:51.346 - error: cmd finished failure SDKM_END_CODE_FAILURE_7792ebba-4dbc-41bc-8581-d8333b5d692a_11 2020-07-08 17:38:51.346 - error: command error code: 11 2020-07-08 17:38:51.347 - error: command terminated with error
When I boot the device to the current OS (not in recovery mode), then it seems to work perfectly fine (currently there’s a Yocto ‘thud’ OS on it), and the flash seems to work (i manage mount ext4 on it and write).
I’ve uploaded the log for the flash attempt from the NVidia SDK Manager- flash-attempt-sdkm-2020-07-07-16-13-19.log (654.8 KB) .
I’ve also noticed that there are several variations of this issue on the internet, but none of them helps me (please correct me if i’m wrong, but i didn’t see an answer that is relevant for me in one of the posts)-
- May 2020 May 20 TX2 4GB Module flashing rror - not solving the issue (wait for another release)
- May 2020 FLASHING FAILED - Xavier - JetsPack 4.4 DP - SDKManager - a different issue (python missing)
- Nov 19 https://github.com/madisongh/meta-tegra/issues/206 - not meta-tegra (worked after switching to meta-tegra)
- Mar 2017 Flashing Jetson TX2 from Ubuntu failed - RMA suggested
- Mar 2017 TX2 not booting after successful flashing - A user named ‘lazizi’ asked this question there, for TX2, but i didn’t see a answer.
So, my questions are:
- Can you help me solve the issue?
- Is the flashing process of the SDK Manager affected by what previously resided on the device? (bad filesystem/kernel/etc.)? If so, is there a way to complete ‘factory reset’ that isn’t dependent on anything?
- Is there a guide/tutorial for such tools (like tegrarcm_v2) to be able to perform more low level operations on the device for diagnosis?
Would appreciate any help.