Flashing pegasus stucks on 99.9%

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

flash pegasus needs higher time than expected
this is one pic I capture from other forums , but I have the same problem similar to this pic

Dear @yang.liu1,
Is it jetson nano or DRIVE platform?

DRIVE platform
I have not screenshot my issue , But from the forums , I found one guy have similar case , though he is flashing Nano
but the resolution from that guy does not suitable to pegasus

could you give one resolution based on the pegasus platform ?

Dear @yang.liu1,
Could you login to aurix terminal and check if you see any warnings?

I am flashing to DRIVE OS 5.2.0 right now , after this trials , I will follow your advice .

What is the meaning of connect per aurix terminal ? Do you mean I connect the pegasus per minicom ?

Dear @yang.liu1,
Please check the discussion on Reflash 99% , the sdkmange stucks - #18 by tonyb.zhao thread to see if you see same symptom

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV :
Sorry , I do not know how to config it

Dear @yang.liu1,
Could you please restart both host and target and check reflashing the target using sdkmanager.

We notice, couple of customers struck at 99% using sdkamanger. In such cases, we notice thermal alert errors on aurix console which stops the sdkmanager to run commands to set the target in recovery mode. The recommended approach is to flash the target manually instead of using sdkmanager in such cases.

You need to connect host and target using debug cable and check connecting to aurix console from host using minicom like sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3 and press ENTER.

For using minicom : https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.6.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_NGC_Development_Guide/Utilities/util_minicom.html
For manual flashing : https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.6.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_NGC_Development_Guide/Open%20Source%20and%20Third%20Party/install_ubuntu.html#wwpID0EGHA

You mean I need to connect the pegasus in the DEBUG port within the usage of typeA2typeA cable ? thus to flash the pegasus manully ?

Dear @yang.liu1,
Yes. Firstly, please check if you have same issue ( thermal alert on aurix console) as in Flashing pegasus stucks on 99.9% - #7 by SivaRamaKrishnaNV

Let us know if you still face issue.

I do not know why , so so so many bugs , and i do not know how to fix it .
even do not know how to use it , why so expensive one hardware could not give one stable software version .

Yes, I have the same problem

1. I turn off the NVIDIA pegasus , and turn off the host
  2. And directly connect the typeA2typeA cable , I could see

Dear @yang.liu1,
Thanks for confirming board status. As mentioned earlier, there is some interval gap before you see Thermal alert errors on aurix console. You need to set the board into recovery mode in that duration. The error indicates board is not in stable state. The shared link provides a work around to get the board back into normal state to be able to flash.

I have tried , but I could not type in any words into the command line , does there needs some other operation

need I config the minicom before input the
“”"
tegrarecovery x2 on

tegrareset x2
“”"

OR does these sentences need to executed from some other methods ?

My detailed operation :

1. turn off the power supplier of pegasus , turn off the host computer ubuntu 18

2. turn on the host computer , turn on the target pegasus

3. connect the typeA2typeA cable like

4. type into the host server terminal :
    sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3

any wrong with my operations ? if have , please kindly correct me , really sorry to interrupt you , but I have fix it for one week and does not have finished it .

Thanks in advanced

Add another pic captured

It means after I type into the host command line :
“”"
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3
“”"
after that , I could not type into any word , only could see info from the pegasus .

Dear @yang.liu1,
Connect to aurix console from host and poweoff and poweron the board by keeping the aurix session open. This should give enough room to enter the commands as soon as the target starts.

I type in words , but could not see any reaction

After turn off the power , thus I could type in so less words

but as the the phase I power on the target , I could not see any reaction when I type in words .
Do you internal department have any experience to resolve this problem ?

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV
from that blog , it said the poster use NVIDIA Xavier , but I use Pegasus right now
maybe there exists some difference between this two hardware .

Could you please kindly have some experiments in your internal department and then give some suggestions ?

When I type in
“”"
tegrarecovery x2 on
tegrareset x2
“”"
I could see no reaction

But when I type in
“”"
tegrarecovery x2 off
tegrareset x2
“”"
I saw some new sentences showed in the image

Do you know how to configure my current target pegasus ?

Dear @yang.liu1,
To flash the target(xavier or pegasus) it has to be set into recovery mode. So run tegrarecovery x2 on && tegrareset x2on aurix and check if you see Nvidia Corp in output of lsusb on host after few seconds(like 10 sec). If it shows up, you are good to go with flashing. After flashing the target you need to turnoff the recovery mode of target. Hence you need to run tegrarecovery x2 off && tegrareset x2. All these are inherently taken care by sdkmanager. But as target is in unstable state, sdkmanager could not run tegrarecovery command which effects the flashing.

I think now you are able to run commands on aurix console before you hit Thermal alert warnings.