Flasing bootloader failed for orin nano production module

Hello team,

we are using orin nano production SOM 8GB,
trying to flash bootloader with some pinmux changes, but flashing is failed

we have attached the error logs for reference,

please help us on this.
bootloader_flash_error.txt (74.7 KB)

1. do we have to change the parameter ‘jetson-orin-nano-devkit’ instead of this which can be used or how we can be able to support the same parameter for production module too.

The parameter (board config) is correct.
Actually it is just a string. The name on it does not really matter. It is the content that matters.

For example, if the content is correct, then you can even create one board config called board111.conf and use it to flash.

Please share the uart serial console log during flash failure.

Hello Wayne,
Here is the serial console logs from production SOM
bootloader_flash_error_device.txt (21.5 KB)

Is this module ever flashed on any platform before?

I mean NV devkit or other kind of carrier boards.

yeah once we tried with nvdevkit. we used it on orin nano devkit carrier board

Could you test if same flash command can work fine on NV devkit without adding any of the change from you?

sure i will check and let u know

Hi Wayne, we used orin nano devkit carrier board with production SOM,

getting the same error as i have attached in previous reply

can i give a try with l4t_initrd_flash.sh once? is there is any command to flash only bootloader with l4t_initrd_flash.sh

Hi,

Could you do this test first?

1. Flash the whole board with initrd flash command (external drive + QSPI) both need to get flashed.

2. After (1) is done, try again with your previous command with flash.sh.

Hello wayne,

I have tried the steps u suggested, no luck. still same error after 1st and 2nd command
looks like the l4t_initrd_flash is not successful, since the last lines of los says its waiting for boot.

i have shared you the device serial console logs for both cmmands
Device_console_logs_for both_cmds.txt (94.6 KB)

separate logs after host side commands, initrd_flash and flash cmds
flash_cmd_Only_bootloader.txt (74.8 KB)
l4t_initrd_flash_cmd_device+plus_qspi_bootloader.txt (250.1 KB)

the reboot not happened from device after initrd flash, device was showing this logs after command came out after timeout
[ 68.578755] LUN: removable file: (no medium) [ 68.579915] LUN: removable file: (no medium) [ 68.581102] LUN: removable file: (no medium) [ 68.583833] usb0: HOST MAC 06:d1:7c:ec:40:79 [ 68.583839] usb0: MAC 32:e2:70:6c:5d:4f [ 68.586048] tegra-xudc 3550000.usb: EP 0 (type: ctrl, dir: out) enabled bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device bash: no job control in this shell bash-5.1# ÿâ.

1. Is it a must have thing for you to directly test on rel-36.2?
    There are some known issue in flash on rel-36.2. And even some other new issues you hit.
    I would say it would be better to test rel-35.5 first if this is also for your custom board.

2. Your initrd flash command fails to flash external, but QSPI already got flashed.

3. Could you tell whether each command is running on NV devkit or custom board when you attach a log? We are not possible to tell which board you are using on our side.

1.all previous logs i have shared w.r.t custom carrier board and productino SOM, with devkit also flashing bootloader alone shows same error, now i will try two steps (complete image +qspi) and flash.sh method in devkit and let u know.

2.if it fails in devkit(orin nano devkit carrier board + prodcution SOM) , we ll try with 35.5 and update you.

If you want to prevent the known issue I just told, connect any kind of usb device to the type A hub on NV devkit. A mouse or keyboard should be fine.

1 Like

sure.

Hello Wayne, with orin nano devkit carrier board + prodcution SOM combination initrd falsh is succefull, waiting for reboot issue not seen here,

i have attched the logs for success of init rd flash
devkitLogs_l4t_initrd_flash_cmd_device+plus_qspi_bootloader.txt (291.9 KB)

we will check with the combination of another custom carrier + prodcution SOM with initrd flash and let you know.

Hello Wayne,

with orin nano devkit carrier board and production SOM flash was success but booting was not happening, so i started reflashing, getting SKU error

any suggestions on this SKU error:`k0p1
###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R36 , REVISION: 2.0

User release: 0.0

###############################################################################
ECID is
Board ID() version() sku() revision()
Chip SKU(00:00:00:D3) ramcode() fuselevel(fuselevel_production) board_FAB()
emc_opt_disable_fuse:(0)
Error: Unrecognized module SKU
Cleaning up…

real 16m42.777s
user 1m11.014s
sys 1m33.728s
`
sku_error.txt (71.2 KB)

attached logs for the same sku error.

and with 35.5 able falsh and boot the production SOM.

Hi,

1. You should use uart console to check your board boot status but not just gave a “booting not happened” comment. There won’t be such thing. It could be boot hang but never to be something like “never happen”.

2. Flash your board again and it will give you the board sku…
    Your flash log from 2 hours ago still indicated the board id/sku are able to get read. Unless you changed anything here, otherwise I don’t think it is really an error.

yes, we connected serial cable- no logs seeing.
and even fan also not rotating, after devkit is not coming out of reset mode, even we removed the jumper between REC and GND

That generally sounds a hardware problem but not software.