Foolproof guide to move from microSD to USB SSD?

Hi,
I have an NVMe SSD connected by USB on the Jetson Nano with this adapter. The jetson recognize well the disk I can do my partitioning and so on, no problem. I followed all steps mentioned by @dirk.lueth but when I do the step 9 (copyRootToUSB) I get some errors like :“impossible to write : read-only memory” and finaly I can’t edit extlinux.conf even if I’m root… When I use the command lsblk, I see that my sda1 is not in read only so I don’t understand and I’m stucked here.
Do you think that the program copyRootToUSB is not able to copy the system correctly because of my configuration ?
Does anyone know why my disk goes into read-only mode when I run the program?

All help is welcome

Some NVMe - USB adapters have trouble with UAS and need to be forced to use USB Mass Storage mode. This isn’t unique to the Jetsons. In fact, here’s a link that describes the issue for the RaspberryPis: STICKY: If you have a Raspberry Pi 4 and are getting bad speeds transferring data to/from USB3.0 SSDs, read this - Raspberry Pi Forums

You can follow the instructions on that page to force the device to Mass Storage mode to see if that helps. The only difference is that you’ll be editing /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf instead of /boot/cmdline.txt