For files burned to kernel partition, device tree partition, copy the image to partition using the dd command

Iwant to use the “dd” command to write the kernel or device tree into the corresponding emmc partition, when using the flashtool burning process, it is found that the boot.img and dtb files are not the most primitive boot.img and files. Therefore, I would like to ask how to generate signed boot.img and dtb files, can be copied directly through the dd command to the corresponding partition and can be boot success!

Moreover, I also use the dd command to copy all the data in the dtb partition to compare with the dtb file and find that the first 4 bytes are the generated header, then the specific dtb data, and the subsequent redundant space is filled with 0!

How to get the real boot.img and dtb files of the corresponding final burning to the partition without using the flashtool tool for offline burning!

When I intercepted a log, that burned the kernel and found that the file that was eventually written to the kernel partition was "1_ boot_sigheader.img.encrypt ", I couldn’t get the file? ? The following

Writing partition kernel with 1_boot_sigheader.img.encrypt

[ 13.3000 ] […] 100%

hello guwen,

you may use flash scripts and include partition flash options to generate particular binary locally.
for example,
here’s sample pipeline to generate kernel image with flash script,

$ sudo ./flash.sh --no-flash -r -k kernel jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1

[   1.8219 ] Signed file: $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/boot_sigheader.img.encrypt
*** boot.img has been signed successfully. ***

thereafter, you may copy it and use dd commands to overwrite kernel partition.

note,
according to Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier Series Boot Flow, it’s CBoot functionality includes a default booting scan sequence.
it won’t loads from kernel partition if you’re having LINUX entry specify in the extlinux.conf, it’ll load the kernel binary file from the LINUX entry.
thanks

Thank you very much!!!