For my custom Carrier board based on TX2 without EEPROM for configuration, what should I do?

Dear Sir,

Im on my carrier project and there is some HW changing from Jetson TX2.
I have erased the EEPROM for configuration and I have found a important notice on that case.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/Bootloader/T23xBCTLoaderIntro.html#important-notes-for-customized-carrier-board

There should be a change on Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegra234-mb2-bct-common.dtsi. The cvb_eeprom_read_size changed to be 0

but the document is for tegra23x, and mine is based on tegra186…
I could not find out any dtsi file corresponding to this file at /Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader.

Which file and where can I found to be modified for the case of removed EEPROM?

Thank you.

Hi,

Totally no need to do that on TX2…

Thank you.

I have erased the EEPROM for configuration and I have found a important notice on that case.

What really matters is the comment you said. I wonder what got erased here… you should not erased anything on jetson TX2 module…

Most cases are “carrier board” eeprom is not mandatory. But “module” eeprom is still needed…

Sorry, my expression is not exactly accurate.
I have removed the EEPRom on my carrier board corresponding to the chip on theTX2 reference carrier board, not TX2 module.
Thank you.

OK. That should be fine.

Oh, at the file
tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts:57

chosen{
board-has-eeprom;

So I don’t know it is ok just by blocking with comments or
I should find other for example board-has-no-eeprom.

Thank you.

Hi,

That property does not matter. TX2 software will not check carrier board eeprom. So you don’t need to change anything.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.