For one session/multiple cameras, if one camera failed, can other cameras work normally?

We using one session/multiple cameras for 2 cameras.
We found that if one camera failed, the other camera can’t produce images too.

Is there any way to modify this behavior?
When one camera is failed, the other one not be affected and output normally…

Thanks.

hello superlvjf,

that’s expected since it’s software to duplicate single capture event to these two camera driver.
if one of the camera failed to output a complete frame, it’s making syncpt timeout error from the low-level driver side, this also cause user-space cannot program the capture buffer.

may I know what’s the reason of this camera failed?
thanks

Hi, JerryChang:
We use stereo camera for two purpose. One for stereo vision, the other is normal single-channal video.

Thanks.

hello superlvjf,

may I also know which JetPack release version you’re working with?
please debug your sensor driver to ensure the streaming stability, thanks

Hi, JerryChange:
I don’t mean that we are now encountering the problem of one camera failed.

What I mean is if one camera occasionally drop frame or failed, due to external factors such as hardware or emc, I hope that it not affect the other camera.

Thanks.

hello superlvjf,

as I mentioned in comment #3, it’s software stack to expect the camera stream sending without failures continuously.

there’s implementation for Argus error resiliency,
please refer to Topic 170086, if you’re using JetPack-4.3; the later JetPack release has already include the changes.

however, it’s still need to confirm what’s the failure in the actual use-case.
it cannot avoid the camera stack to report failure if you’re having hardware issue, such as losing camera connections.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.