Fragmentation with PhysX in 3ds max (Version 2.86.00811.20500)

Hey Folks,

i guess that probably a lot of you know the Rayfire Tool for 3ds max and what it can do in case of fragmentation. As this Rayfire Tool largely depends on Nvidia’s PhysX Plugin, i just want to ask one question:

How is it possible to do fragmentation with Nvidia’s PhysX Plugin for 3ds max without the need to rely on 3rd Party Software?

I find no tutorials - beside the one for the PhysX Lab Tool which i will give a shot in a sec. I however need those tools inside my 3d Application. Im no Game Developer - im a CG Artist and want to free me from the tons of expensive tools out there that just depend on what you may probably already get with the PhysX Tools from Nvidia.

Would be great if someone has an answer for me.

Thanks in advance
Steffen

is it possible to do fragmentation with Nvidia’s PhysX Plugin for 3ds max without the need to rely on 3rd Party Software?

It was promised that at some point PhysXLab functionality will be added to PhysX plug-ins.
Meanwhile, you can use some free tools like Voronoi Fracture script.

Hi Reticula,

i thought that this is true at the moment :-( Still had no chance to have a look at the PhysXLab, but i know Fracture Voronoi - i used this in the past quite often, but it does not allow to fracture at impact (you have to pre-fracture) and it also does not allow to do secondary frags - you would have to create those from existing frags manually. So in the meantime i think i will stick to Rayfire again until Nvidia integrated some parts into the PhysX DCC Plugin.

Thanks for the answer anyway and Happy New Year! :-)

Cheers

Please! Where do I get physx plugin for max 2010?

Thanks in advance!! :)