Functional Saftey certificates

Hello,
Are there any functional safety certificates for Jetson AGX Xavier of Safety standards to be used in Manufacturing and automation industry? Particularly the standard IEC 61508 that defines SIL? I have seen that DRIVE PX Xavier has the functional safety rating: ASIL-D. Is this applied also to Jetson AGX Xavier module?

Thank you.

Hi mohammad.arrfou,

ASIL relevant certification only applies to DRIVE AGX Xavier, not Jetson AGX Xavier. For automotive self-driving applications, please use the NVIDIA DRIVE platform.

Thanks

Thank you for your answer. I would like to know if there any plans to make functional safety certificate for Jetson AGX Xavier of Safety standards to be used in Manufacturing and automation industry? I am interested in robotics applications.

Best regrads,
Arrfou

Hi mohammad.arrfou,

AFAIK, there is no plan yet, but will have some discussions internally soon.
I will update here if any change.

Thanks

Great, I hope to hear from you soon. Meanwhile, I will leave this thread open if anyone else has suggestions or more info about Jetson Xvaier/TX2 and the Industrial standard IEC 61508.

Thank you.

Any updates on this? It’s becoming an important requirement for us.

Hi shawnv44bp,

ASIL relevant certification only applies to DRIVE AGX Xavier, there is no plan for Jetson AGX Xavier.

That is unfortunate, since a lot of robotics applications will require a SIL level.
It would be great if NVIDIA would release a Jetson with a SIL level. Other vendors are doing it and it seems that they just include safety manuals, reliability reports and a testing library. I know that this is an over simplification, but still if the DRIVE PX has ASIL C on the AGX then it seems to me that the module should support it.

It’s something NVIDIA should consider.