GCC and G++ newer version for -std=c++14 and -std=c++17 compilation

Hi,

Is there any plan on upgrading the gcc on TX1? I wonder if we will have -std=c++14 or -std=c++17 support for compilations on TX1?

Thank you,

Best regards,
Kaan

If you are talking about user space compiles natively on the JTX1, then you could actually install Linaro compilers manually for this. See:
[url]https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/[/url]

This is outside of the current repository, am I correct? Or would any of these packages help me so?

apt-cache search linaro
linaro-boot-utils - Utilities for booting development boards
linaro-image-tools - collection of tools to work with Linaro images
python-linaro-image-tools - Python library for the manipulation of Linaro bootable media
u-boot-linaro-ca9x4-ct-vxp - U-Boot bootloader binary for the ARM ca9x4_ct_vxp (Versatile Express) board
u-boot-linaro-efikamx - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Genesi i.MX515 Efika MX
u-boot-linaro-highbank - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Calxeda Highbank
u-boot-linaro-igep0020 - U-Boot bootloader binary for the ISEE igep0020 (IGEPv2) board
u-boot-linaro-mx51evk - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Freescale i.MX51 mx51evk (Babbage) board
u-boot-linaro-mx53ard - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Freescale i.MX53 mx53ard platform
u-boot-linaro-mx53loco - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Freescale i.MX53 mx53loco (Babbage) board
u-boot-linaro-mx6qarm2 - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Freescale MX6Q Armadillo2 board
u-boot-linaro-mx6qsabrelite - U-Boot bootloader binary for the Freescale MX6Q Sabrelite board
u-boot-linaro-omap3-beagle - U-Boot bootloader binary for various TI OMAP3 Beagle boards
u-boot-linaro-omap3-overo - U-Boot bootloader binary for Gumstix Overo boards
u-boot-linaro-omap4-panda - U-Boot bootloader binary for the TI OMAP4 Panda board
u-boot-linaro-omap4-panda-splusb - U-Boot usbspl bootloader binary for the TI OMAP4 Panda board
u-boot-linaro-omap4-sdp4430 - U-Boot bootloader binary for the TI OMAP4 SDP4430 board
u-boot-linaro-origen - U-Boot bootloader binary for the SAMSUNG ORIGEN (S5PV310)
u-boot-linaro-smdk5250 - U-Boot bootloader binary for the SAMSUNG smdk5250
u-boot-linaro-snowball - U-Boot bootloader binary for the ST-Ericsson Snowball board
u-boot-linaro-vexpress-ca5x2 - U-Boot bootloader binary for the ARM ca5x2 board
u-boot-linaro-vexpress-ca9x4 - U-Boot bootloader binary for the ARM ca9x4 (Versatile Express) board

The newer builds are not available in any repository via package manager. In theory they would become available in some future release, but this would not be short term…we may be talking a year or more to get to version 6 which is probably what you want.

Thanks for the answer! Will consider linaro in this case.