GeForce MX150 not working with Samsung LU28E590DS monitor

GeForce MX150 is not recognizing my Samsung LU28E590DS monitor. When I plug the HDMI cable, the monitor screen became black and xrandr don’t even recognize it. My monitor works perfectly well with other devices.

The Linux version is ubuntu 20.04 and the driver is nvidia-driver-450

Thanks for your help ;)

Hi, could you please help me?

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

Here it is.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (366.2 KB)

Please try to switch to nvidia:
sudo prime-select nvidia
and reboot.

Hi, thanks for the prompt anwer.

I switched to nvidia performance mode as requested and it still didn’t work. xrandr still states that my HDMI-1 is disconnected.

Here is the new log after switching and rebooting:

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (359.5 KB)

This looks like the nvidia gpu doesn’t have any outputs, all external monitors are connected to the intel gpu. The tech specs for the Vostro 5490 also are talking of HDMI 1.4, if it were connected to the MX150, it would be HDMI 2.0.
There’s also no sign of anything being connected to the hdmi port on the intel so I’m leaning towards the connector on the notebook being broken since you already tested cable and monitor. Does the DP connector work?

Same Dell laptop works with other external Dell monitors just fine. I can upload nvidia bug report is necessary
Same Samsung monitor works with another Dell laptop with Linux also. I can upload nvidia bug as well.

The problem is this Samsung Monitor with NVIDIA MX150 or NVIDIA MX250.

The mx150 on your notebook does not have any outputs.
The intel gpu is responsible for driving all monitors.