GeForce mx150 + Vulkan Video?

I’ve installed the beta driver containing support for Vulkan Video. vulkaninfo does not list VK_KHR_video_queue or any other video extension. Is vulkan video supported on the mx150?

Hi @user127450 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

Vulkan video support in beta drivers is still provisional, so it is quite possible to run into issues. On the other hand we tried it internally and here vulkaninfo showed the extension correctly with this driver.

Could you share your output of vulkaninfo here?

Thanks!

Hi,
Unfortunately, I don’t have a windows installation on that laptop right now. But I don’t know if the output would be of any value, it looked OK, except the missing VK_KHR_video_queue.

Is this supposed to work on the mx150 at all? Theoretically, it should be able to support decode operations, but perhaps not encode.

Yes, the MX150 being based on the Pascal architecture should support these NVIDIA Vulkan video extensions. I can try and verify if there is any encode limitation, but i honestly doubt it.

The GPU I tried vulkaninfo with is also Pascal based and listed the extension string correctly. But it is not a mobile chip.

vulkaninfo is platform independent, it will come with the vulkan driver or tools installation.