Get HDMI Output Settings

How do I get the current HDMI output settings?
These are the setting not supported by xrandr such as color range and color space.
Thanks in advance.

This isn’t exactly what you are asking, but if you want some of the details which OpenGL will see, then glxinfo might help. For that “sudo apt-get install mesa-utils”. I typically have people look at a subset of this to see if the driver is properly hardware accelerated with an NVIDIA driver:
glxinfo | egrep -i '(version|nvidia)'

You could just run glxinfo and see how much of that you find useful. There is another way to find out what the driver thinks of the modes of a monitor, but that is for whether or not it supports the mode, and does not necessarily deal with the current mode with any more detail than xrandr would give.

The actual Xorg log might tell you what you want. Check out:
less /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(if there is more than one monitor or server, or a virtual server, you might need a different log; the number in the log name is from “echo $DISPLAY”)

You might want to provide a lot more detail on what it is you actually want to do with this, e.g., some sort of use-case, then someone might have a better idea.

I’m looking for something like:

nvidia-settings --query=CurrentColorSpace

Is the an equivalent for Jetson Xavier?

That’s one I cannot answer. I suspect that this particular command uses PCI bus query, and thus is one of those not available with the integrated GPU (iGPU). Many of those nvidia-something commands require a discrete GPU (dGPU) on the PCI bus.

Someone from NVIDIA might have access to the xorg.conf details, and I suspect that some sort of verbosity to logging can be added there (which does not use PCI). That file has a lot of similar options, but I don’t know where to find a list which applies to iGPUs.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.