Getting csi arducam 16mp to work with hello_camera.py

I am having issues getting my camera up and running with the hello_camera section of jetson-inference. I am using an arducam 16mp autofocus camera. When running the device i usually run it with csi://0 rather than /dev/video0, is there a difference with how python will view this?

I guess I am just wondering if someone else has run into issues using arducam rather than a pi cam as a csi camera. I will leave a pic of the error below

Did you integrate Arducam camera driver to your system?

What’s the v4l2-ctl --all shows?

yes the camera functions in all over circumstances, it shows up as /dev/video0. the new arducam autofocus uses a different driver than other models so i am guessing this is the issue

Did you verify the camera function by gst-launch-1.0?

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/jetson_xavier_camera_soft_archi.html#wwpID0E0OB0HA

Hello,

About your issues, we need to confirm if you can use gst-lanuch.
Please input the following code to check it:
SENSOR_ID=0
FRAMERATE=30
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=$SENSOR_ID ! “video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920,height=1080,framerate=$FRAMERATE/1” ! nvvidconv ! nvoverlaysink

After that, you can try to run the camera.
Please feel free to let us know your issues. Actually, if you have any problem when using Arducam camera, you can directly contact support@arducam.com for help.

Best regards,
Arducam Support Team

saving the preview into a file with gst-launch 1.0 works fine, but when i run the command to preview the HDMI output i get a syntax error…

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(’

heres the output on the device

Priority: 2
Video input : 0 (Camera 0: no power)
Format Video Capture:
Width/Height : 1920/1080
Pixel Format : ‘RG10’ (10-bit Bayer RGRG/GBGB)
Field : None
Bytes per Line : 3840
Size Image : 4147200
Colorspace : sRGB
Transfer Function : Default (maps to sRGB)
YCbCr/HSV Encoding: Default (maps to ITU-R 601)
Quantization : Default (maps to Full Range)
Flags :