Getting Dynamixel error while running object_detection

Hello all,

I’m running a Kaya with the U2D2. I’ve changed the config to “usb_port”: “/dev/ttyUSB0”. I config’ed the motors with ids 1,2,3. The changed the type servo type from ‘joint’ to ‘wheel’ as first, and got the error below, so I switched all the servos back to ‘joint’. I then moved each wheel and saw the counts change, so I think I have the servos working well and wired correctly.

I built and deployed the object_detection sample.

In the log I’m getting:
2019-05-16 22:58:37.094 ERROR packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@32: Dynamixel error [RxPacketError] Input voltage error!

2019-05-16 22:58:37.094 ERROR packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@197: Error while reading register 23

I’ve checked the voltage at the Power Hub and I’m getting 12 volts.

Is there something that I did not do?

-Jim

Hi Jim,

We circled back on the issue you are facing and I’d like to follow up with a few questions.

1. What servos are you using? Are they MX12s?
  2. Ideally servo type should be wheel mode. Did you get the same error message when in wheel mode:
2019-05-16 22:58:37.094 ERROR packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@32: Dynamixel error [RxPacketError] Input voltage error!
2019-05-16 22:58:37.094 ERROR packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@197: Error while reading register 23
  1. Do you happen to have any additional logs?

Regarding the first error message with RxPacketError, it should be harmless and will be fixed in the driver, in the upcoming release.

Regarding the Registry read error, we are investigating into why the write would pass and not the read. Additional logs would definitely help. I was unable to reproduce the exact same issue on my end.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Sandeep!

Thank you very much for helping with my problem. I’m using MX-12 servos. I did get the same error in wheel mode.

I decided to ignore the errors and hook up a joystick, and the Kaya moved. I’m currently up and running. When I get back to testing I’ll send the whole log.

-Jim

Jim, which joystick are you using?

I have the same problem.I don’t know if this has a big impact on my program.