Getting "'/etc/nv_tegra_release' does not start with '# R32 (release), REVISION: 3.1'." on gmapping_distributed_kaya

Hi, I just reinstalled the Jetson Nano OS, and sdkmanager, and I’m getting an error while running running the gmapping_distributed_kaya application. It shows in the log that the check ended in failure, but I’m using the latest versions as of today.

Log Error:

2020-07-19 10:42:52.830 ERROR engine/alice/components/Codelet.cpp@229: Component ‘_check_operating_system/isaac.alice.CheckOperatingSystem’ of type ‘isaac::alice::CheckOperatingSystem’ reported FAILURE:

‘/etc/nv_tegra_release’ does not start with ‘# R32 (release), REVISION: 3.1’ Please flash L4T using Jetpack 4.3.

2020-07-19 10:42:52.830 ERROR engine/alice/backend/event_manager.cpp@42: Stopping node ‘_check_operating_system’ because it reached status ‘FAILURE’

The issue is that the etc/nv_tegra_release shows the following

# R32 (release), REVISION: 4.3, GCID: 21589087, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Jun 26 04:38:25 UTC 2020

Shouldn’t the check be done against the latest 4.3 version?

Hello,

This failure is only meant to be a warning and it should not affect the functionality of the program. We have tested our software with '# R32 (release), REVISION: 3.1 ’, but this doesn’t mean it would not work with other versions. Are you experiencing any difficulties other than this warning (in the form of a “failure”)?

Best,
Oguz

Thanks Oguz for your quick reply, I do have a couple of issues with the joystick and the mapping application as those can’t open the real sense camera (I can manually with the realsense-viewer), and the control seems sluggish (following on separate topics). This question means to close all loose ends to make sure this is not affecting them. Also, I would recommend that the revision check should handle gracefully the 4.3 or newer revisions.

Regards!