Getting Started with AI on Jetson Nano - Jupyter Notebook Sample "nvdli-nano"

Hi All;

I’m new to developing on the Jetson nano, and enrolled in the “Getting Started with AI on Jetson Nano” course on nvidia developer.

Unfortunately, the course is not accurate at all on the setup and configuration of the nano. That said, through other websites and resources I’ve been able to get all the relevant set up and configuration done, including Jupyter.

However, I’m unable to find the “nvdli-nano” folder discussed in the “Hello Camera” section.

Could someone please tell me where I can find these notebooks?

Many thanks!

Are you using the SD card image that you can download through the course? That image comes with everything pre-installed.

Thanks!

I followed every instruction correctly, except using the SD card image that’s mentioned in the tutorial. I was using the Developer SDK image file.

It’s all good now, can connect fine.

Cheers!

I installed the image file as per the instructions but my Jupyter dashboard will not open with the 192.168.55.1:8888 (192.168.55.1 refused to connect.) and when I open it with the X terminal the nvdli-nano folder is no present. What can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Can you please confirm that you downloaded the SD card image from the course download link?

If you installed the standard SD card image, it’s the wrong image. It needs to come from the course link as per “dusty_nv” response to my issue.

The SD card image offered through the course is already installed and pre-configured. It’s basically designed to be plug and play with the course (in going through this course I had no problems except for this initial issue). I’m saying this to help in trouble-shooting: So long as you follow the directions in the course and Jupyter you should have no problems.

If you have dowloaded from the course, and you are still having issues:

1. Can you see the Jetson nano as a USB device? You should see “L4T-README” identified as a USB device, this is the Jetson Nano. If you can see that, you’re connection is fine. It’s a configuration thing

2. If you see the nano as a USB device, try going through the setup per the course instructions again.

Hope this solves you’re issues, if not let me know what happens with question #1.

Cheers!

Hi - I too don’t have an nvdli-nano folder. I am using the standard image but I’ve made a number of updates to mine and don’t want to lose it. It would really help if someone could point to the github repo or similar that we can download the notebooks from?

My jupyterlab is all set up fine, I just need to download the notebooks.

1 Like

"Hi - I too don’t have an nvdli-nano folder. I am using the standard image but I’ve made a number of updates to mine and don’t want to lose it. It would really help if someone could point to the github repo or similar that we can download the notebooks from?

My jupyterlab is all set up fine, I just need to download the notebooks."

^^^^^^^^

i agree. just the notebooks please…

downloading several gigs just for a few kb worth of files is unacceptable, so is going through a few hundred repositories to collect them.

i hate crappy python i just want to test stuff out and go through the courses but since its all written by millennials allergic to semicolons and structured language i don’t have much choice.

my native language is c/c++ but there is no quick examples for generic ai driving in those languages i am stuck checking it out in a kids language… did i mention i really HATE PYTHON!.. where is the jetbot/jetracer c/c++ edition or even perl or nodejs if we are forced to use scripting? why is all the courseware directed at python it should be directed at c++?

got some links to something real i can follow i have no intention of learning python only to have to translate the stuff to c and c++ code so it makes sense. perl and javascript are my choices when scripting if i have no choice.

"Hi - I too don’t have an nvdli-nano folder. I am using the standard image but I’ve made a number of updates to mine and don’t want to lose it. It would really help if someone could point to the github repo or similar that we can download the notebooks from?

^^^^^^^^

downloading several gigs just for a few kb worth of files is unacceptable, so is going through a few hundred repositories to collect them.

i hate crappy python i just want to test stuff out and go through the courses but since its all written by millennials allergic to semicolons and structured language i don’t have much choice.

my native language is c/c++ but there is no quick examples for generic ai driving in those languages i am stuck checking it out in a kids language… did i mention i really HATE PYTHON!.. where is the jetbot/jetracer c/c++ edition or even perl or nodejs if we are forced to use scripting? why is all the courseware directed at python it should be directed at c++?

got some links to something real i can follow i have no intention of learning python only to have to translate the stuff to c and c++ code so it makes sense. perl and javascript are my choices when scripting if i have no choice.

^^^^^^^^

same here