Getting transceiver info in Linux

Hi,

is there a way I can list transceivers’ details in Linux, something similar with the switch command “show interfaces ib 1/7 transceiver”?

Thanks.

Hi Johnny,

Can you please open a case with Mellanox by, sending the issue to support@mellanox.com mailto:support@mellanox.com ?

Also please rollback on the changes you have done:

mv /usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1 /usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1_old

The ibdiagnet utility doesn’t work for me:

ibdiagnet --get_cable_info

Load Plugins from:

/usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1/plugins/

(You can specify more paths to be looked in with “IBDIAGNET_PLUGINS_PATH” env variable)

Plugin Name Result Comment

libibdiagnet_cable_diag_plugin Succeeded Plugin loaded

libibdiagnet_cable_diag_plugin-2.1.1 Failed Plugin options issue - Option “get_cable_info” from requester “Cable Diagnostic (Plugin)” already exists in requester “Cable Diagnostic (Plugin)”

Hi Sorin,

There is no available public tool to get the data about the HCA attached transceiver.

You can use ibdiagnet2:

The result will be logged to the ibdiagnet2.cables file

Excellent! Thank you Eddie.

johnnyrock https://community.mellanox.com/s/profile/00550000003jeDMAAY - As a thought, try renaming the “/usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1” directory out of the way first.

eg:

mv /usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1 /usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1_old

… output here …

I’m not sure if that will make the “–get_cable_info” parameter succeed, but I remember having to do that last week to stop the error message happening for ibdiagnet in general (with Mellanox OFED on RHEL/CentOS 6.x).

(note - edited for typo fixes)

Thx for the suggestion Justin, but --get_cable_info wasn’t recognized after renaming:

Load Plugins from:

/usr/share/ibdiagnet2.1.1/plugins/

(You can specify more paths to be looked in with “IBDIAGNET_PLUGINS_PATH” env variable)

Plugin Name Result Comment

ibdiagnet: unrecognized option ‘–get_cable_info’

-E- Failed to parse options, err=Bad input parameter

Damn. Looks like a bug in something then. The Mellanox guys will probably need to fix this.

yairi https://community.mellanox.com/s/profile/005500000015XiPAAU - Would you be ok to have someone to look into this error on RHEL/CentOS 6.x with Mellanox OFED?

i will report this on to our eng. team.