glDebugMessage VIDEO memory message

Hello,

I get these messages when I set an OpenGL debug message callback on NVidia drivers:

Buffer detailed info: Buffer object 2 (bound to GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, usage hint is GL_STATIC_DRAW) will use VIDEO memory as the source for buffer object operations.

Buffer detailed info: Buffer object 1 (bound to GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, usage hint is GL_STATIC_DRAW) will use VIDEO memory as the source for buffer object operations.

Can someone explain what these messages mean and/or if I should be doing something differently?

Thanks,

Boni

Thats just debug output from the GL context giving more details as to what the driver is doing with the hints provided when populating a vertex/index buffer data store.

It sounds quite logical though; GL_STATIC_DRAW means don’t mess with CPU memory and use GPU memory. Right now it seems the driver (344.11 in my case) is a bit too enthusiastic. I log these messages, but seemingly I have to write specific code to skip meaningless messages like this?

specifying the debug callback without setting a log level will required the user to filter the messages. All severity levels are reported as afaik.